AoD2: 1.08 Changelog & discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AoD2: 1.08 Changelog & discussion

Here's the changelog for the upcoming 1.08. Feel free to discuss and suggest ideas.

Code:
    * PiMan's New Australia & Australia Civs
    * NeverMind's New Russia & Russia Civs
    * Younflancy's New China & China Civs
    * Other changes
    	* Tax Trade Theshold doubled (can trade more before a tax rise)
    	* All units now single graphics on map
    	* No Pirates till after turn 30 (if AI controlled)
    	* Added new tag: bFromWest to indicate Civ begins on the west of the map
    * Rebel Sentiment changes
    	* Each colonist has their own RS on a percentage scale
    	* Each colony's CRS is based on each colonist's RS in the colony
    	* Global GRS is based on the RS of all units except those on the docks in Europe
    	* Producing bells has an upward effect on all colonist's RS, the more bells the more upwards movement
    	* Statemen in colonies raise the RS of units on the colony's plot on the map (eg: soldiers)
    	* RS generation takes into account gameSpeed & handicap
    	* Colonist's RS is now shown on the scale in the Revolution Advisor screen
    	* What affects colonist RS:
    		- City bell production (raises)
    		- Accepting tax rises (lowers)
    		- Not accepting tax rises (raises)
    		- Kissing pinky (lowers)
    		- Refusing to kiss pinky (raises)
    * Fixes (from 1.07)
    	* Fixed Europe screen new profession crash
    	* Doubled unit freedom times
    	* Doubled unit upskilling time
    	* Halved school fees
    	* Upgraded to official patch 1.01f
    	* Ozzy's map header fixed to allow for customising game
    	* Fixed Buy Shortfall bug where amount of yield to purchase wasn't reset if you chose not to pay
    	* "Examine City" changed to "Nevermind" on education popup to allow cancelling of education
    	* Governor won't place automated citizens in education if human player
    	* Doubled trade victory threshold
    Last edited by Dale; March 14, 2009, 23:59.

I like your change Dale, as it is; and you know I am pretty hard to please.
    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 3, 2009, 04:37.
    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Changelog updated.

At this point I'm happy to say colonist RS is complete. I want to add some visual stuff in for the concept but that's all. Other factors affecting RS can be added in later.

Comment

Random question of no importance: what does "All units now single graphics on map" mean?

Anyway, sounds very interesting. Naturally I like increasing the interval between tax increases!!
        "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Single unit means I've turned off the four/two units onscreen for soldier/dragoon.

Comment

Nice, I think I prefer single units.

Producing bells has an upward effect on all colonist's RS, the more bells the more upwards
            Does this mean bell production has now a cummulative effect over a depth of turns?

So far it was like a fixed number of bells required to turn a colonist, but always bells produced on previous turns were ignored.
            Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 3, 2009, 20:19.

Comment

Basically, every turn that bells are produced there is a chance of a small RS rise in each colonist in that colony/plot. The more bells produced, the higher the influence (rise). This is modified for gameSpeed and handicap.

So effectively, the earlier you produce bells, the earlier RS starts to move. The more bells you produce, the higher the rises in RS.

To answer your question, the bells are not cumulative. It is a per turn rise calculation based on how many the statesmen are producing.

Comment

Thumb up

Comment

Changelog updated.

Comment

Hohohoho!

ETA? *pants*
                    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 9, 2009, 07:06.

Comment

Interesting new civs. Any unique units like junks? Caravels don't seem quite right for China!

Comment

I've been playing with the Revolution Advisor screen. I hope folks don't mind too much that colonist RS is now shown using them on the sliding scale as well as the GRS button.

EDIT:
                        Fixed bug so now citizens of colonies now show too.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Dale; March 10, 2009, 08:15.

Comment

A couple of things:

You're saying there is one icon per colonist above the bar? That seems very messy with large populations. I guess the question is "how else will you be able to eyeball the RS?" Maybe this is the best way.

I notice the icons include wagons. I thought that the "No Profession" units did not count against RS.

Comment

Dale,

1. I think Hermann has some valid points there.

This change may introduce major problems with 400+ populations, which are typical to my games. Also I hope cititzens will not cover the (%) bar, especially the numbers.

What if it displays only one colonist of every type?

2. Regarding the new nations, does this mean all new nations will appear in the new world and all would have their share to FFs?

If that's true, col. 1994 independant tables of FFs per nation comes in mind!

Would this be poissible to implement?

3. Awesome work.

Thanks,
                            Mysh
                            Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 10, 2009, 14:19.

Comment

I've stumbled on something in 1.07 that doesn't feel right to me. When educating colonist in a school (college or university) it costs a LOT of gold. In fact, it cost almost as much to educate a free colonist than it does to buy one outright in Europe. Buying a free colonist in Europe and educating him in your colony cost more than buying them outright. I'd sure like to see the education costs cut in half.

FYI: The official patch says that Firaxis has fixed it to where hurrying an imigration will no longer cost more than it cost to buy the colonist outright. That might be a nice feature to make sure is in AoDII.

Comment

Working...
                              X