No announcement yet.

AoD2: 1.08 Changelog & discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question. The TAX_INCREASE_CHANCE tag in GlobalDefines.xml has a default of 20. Does increasing this number increase or decrease the frequency or amount of a tax hike?

Comment

1. Dale said, AoD II v1.07 and patch are not comaptible yet. He is currently working on it. So I assume, yes he will include all this stuff.

2. I think the higher the number the higher the chance to have a tax increase.
      Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

The TAX_INCREASE_CHANCE is the chance you encounter a tax increase after you triggered the trade ammount. Higher = bigger chance for a tax increase

I wonder another thing..
        i fear to install the new Patch. is it possible eventually for AoD to be downside compatible or completely impossible?

regards

Comment

Originally posted by immanuel_b View Post
          The TAX_INCREASE_CHANCE is the chance you encounter a tax increase after you triggered the trade ammount. Higher = bigger chance for a tax increase

I wonder another thing..
          i fear to install the new Patch. is it possible eventually for AoD to be downside compatible or completely impossible?

regards
          So it's a percent chance?

Comment

1. v1.08 AoD II will become compatatible with v1.01 Cicilization4 Colinization.

Of course there are so many new stuff there...

So, our feedback and supprt can help Dave to perfect any bug or glitches in v1.09.

2. I think it is a chance. So everytime you trigger the targeted trade amount, you have a (%) chance every next turn to get a tax increase as Immanuel said.

So for 20, you have a % chance not get the tax increase:

Turn 1. 80
            Turn 2. 64
            Turn 3. 51.2
            Turn 4. 40.96
            Turn 5. 32.768
            Turn 6. 26.2144
            Turn 7. 20.97152
            Turn 8. 16.777216
            Turn 9. 13.4217728
            Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 14, 2009, 12:49.

Comment

Dale some more suggestions for AoD II...

1. Veterans

If you set =2 for a veteran, it will require a veteran to work inside the city to be able to teach the profession.

I wonder, can we have =2 for veteran solder, and dragoon? So, if the veteran serves as a garisson, he will be able to teach too.

2. MoWs

I think they are fairly weak.

SoL:
              10 + 5 (from 100% RS) + 1 (from JP Jones) = 16

MoW:

Would be balanced, if all MoWs have veterancy I.

3. FFs

We got so many new nations now: Dutch, Portugese, English, Spanish, French, Russian and Chinese.

I don't think FFs will get distributed as they were supposed to be. Colonization 1994 FF system may work better now, which means all nations could eventually get all FFs.

I would also suggest we increase the necessary bells, MPs, TPs and RPs for them.

4. REF

It's strength sucks. I think this +50% RS bonus is enormous.

What about giving a high veterancy distribution to them? Veterancy III,IV,V comes in mind.

5. DoI Wars

I find them short. What about being forced to destroy all King's land troops AND King's MoWs?

This is to reflect King won't be able to apply a naval embargo to the new nation.

6. King Demands

What if we make King behave like a real dick? Make him demand war with indian tribes, or Europeans, or cetrain goods?

He only ask you to kiss some pinkies now... I also miss the OMFG text demanding you to cover his 18th marriage expenses, because his 17th wife was a b*tch with a tax increase!

Again vanilla feeling.

EDIT: OMG This forum sensors the word b*tch! *****, *****, *****, *****!

7. Missionaries

Need at least a church to make one.

8. Embargos

Embargos could be lifted in vanilla either by paying a good bunch of gold, or with a FF.

In C4C, 14 years later we cannot do anything.

9. Exports

No custom houses means endless pains. Microing 10+ colonies is a pain in the butt.

Either bring customs back, or enhance the warehouse expansion and upgarde its cost.

10. 99% tax: How do I keep edu going?

No clue. It's a problem. What about upgrade trade goods?

11. Cannons

Cannons get the option to bombard any land troops effectively decreasing their terrain fortification bonus.

12. Cannons vs Ships

Dale fixed this, and it's now working again!

Would be really cool, if the camera zoomed showing forts open fire. Ships sinking or getting damage would be really cool too!

13. Sailing through enemy ships

Sailing close to an enemy privateer, or a frigate, or a SoL, or MoW would cost more movement points.

Specifically, sailing from an adjacent tile to an enemy ship or privateer to another adjacent tile to the ship would require double movement points.

Example: Moving From 1 to 2 costs double movement points. X: enemy ship. O: Other sea tile.

OOO
              OXO
              12O

Frigate and SoLs would apply such a penalty only when they are hostile.

Privateers should always receive such penalties when sailing next to a military ship of another nation.

Penalties should be applied to MoWs too.
              Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 14, 2009, 17:32.

Comment

Nice list of suggestions there Prince.

However now the patch is out I want to get an updated version of 1.08 out ASAP to allow continuity for the players. Thus, your list will have to wait.

Comment

Dude, your standards of work are so high, I feel my duty to give you the best feedback I can.

Also think, this v1.08 must get out first. My suggestions can wait for long...

Oh, Dale not your fault mate. I've installed the patch and wait for AoD2. So, if I cannot play AoD2, why not write how to make AoD2 even better?
                  Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 14, 2009, 17:47.

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Changelog updated.

One final bug to resolve, then time to upload.

Comment

Hohohoho!

Our friend Im will be delighted.

Comment

You misunderstood me here again Prince...
                          What i was asking if its possible or manageable to make it so that v1.08 works with the patch AND with an unpatched version of the game.
                          i just wonder if thats possible if so i would really like it so that those who dont patch up that stupid thing can still enjoy the current version of AoD

regards

p.s.: Another funny thing encountered. If you produce a SoL it can be promoted with the new Cargo Bay Promotion. Now the SoL has 1 Cargo Slot. This messes up the AI heavily if you try to send the SoL to "Explore" it just runs back and forth the very same Spot never exploring one unexplored Tile. Even more funny a SoL with the Cargo Bay can load and carry a Treasure unit on its Ship....
                          Dunno if it was reported allrdy or a feature but i cant seem to load a WT onto any kind of Ship in 1.07.. intended?
                          Last edited by immanuel_b; March 15, 2009, 06:30. Reason: bug added under p.s.

Comment

Hey Im,

Sorry Im, I misunderstood you. Nope, I don't think Dale is interested maintaining two versions. He has many troubles already with one. But that's my guess.

BTW the new patch is not stupid at all. Again that's my own opinion.

As far as I know, WTs are not supposed to embark on ships.

You can though, manually set it up and adjust it to your own preference.

Try to edit:

\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4Unit Infos.xml

WT section
                            < iRequiredTransportSize >1< /iRequiredTransportSize > (it was 10)
                            < iBerthSize >1< /iBerthSize > depends how many cargo spaces you want WT to occupy.

Funny, Hermann asked me the same thing a couple days ago.

HTH
                            Mysh
                            Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 15, 2009, 06:48.

Comment

they where able to load on ships in original version. it was frustrating enough cause everytime you clicked load on the WT while a ship was in town it went onto the ship instead loading something like ore. Generally speaking i like it that they dont do that anymore. here comes the but...
                              war on a different island you capture a WT and all you can do is disband it into ground... doh!
                              would be nice if it is possible so you can only manually load it onto a ship and maybe not in towns or somthing to preempt this stupid behaviour

Comment

1.08 will only support the patched 1.01f versions of C4C. I do not support version of games behind the official patches.

Don't worry, this isn't a new thing. I've been adamant about this since CTP2 in 2000.

Besides, I don't see why you wouldn't patch up, since 99.9% of the patch is included or over-ridden in AoD2. Remember, the official patch is pretty much PatchMod 1.07 which I wrote with Snoopy.

Comment

Working...
                                X