Yahoo Fantasy Baseball DAILY LEAGUE sign-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Fantasy Baseball DAILY LEAGUE sign-up

Here is the sign-up thread for the daily league. I'm hoping we get at least 8. The league is more time-intensive than the weekly league, but a BIG pro is that if a player is injured, you don't have to waste a week with him on your roster.

Again, 8 is enough.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

I'll play, but are we combining this with Snoop's auction league? We might as well, both leagues could be very small if we dont.

Comment

I'm in, particularly if we combine it with the auction league (though if more than 8 are interested, I'd hope we allow for that).
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'd play both, if offered, but combined daily would be fine.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

here ya go stuie

looks like it'll be a daily league with auction instead of draft. A-Rod was worth 47$ last year

Comment

So those interested so far are:

TEF
            Guynemer
            Berzerker
            Imran
            Fistandetc
            Stuie
            Snoopy

would like to get at least one more

This is my first time setting up a league, and I've never participated in an Auction league before. Suggestions on stats and the date for the draft would be appreciated.
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I'll ask over at FFZ, I'm sure we'll get someone (or 3)

I figure y'all wanna keep the scoring pretty simple, like maybe

Runs
              Hits
              Homers
              RBIs
              Stolen Bases
              On Base %
              Slugging % (or something combining the two)
              (fieldling sucks, why bother)

Quality Starts
              Saves
              Holds
              K/BB (and/or K/9)
              WHIP
              ERA

Having Ks and BBs usually results in a split

time to chime in people, what do you want? I've argued over this stuff for damn near a decade so I dont really care anymore. I'm Slowwing down

Comment

Date: don't set it too far in the future (more accurately, work it out in early march rather than late feb.) as people tend to flake if you set it a month ahead of time. I'd try setting it for a weekend in march, maybe the weekend of the 14th if that works for people ... late enough to have spring training 'info' but not so late that you can't work out a delay if it's vital.

Stats:
                Let's not do identical to the other league... if they use QS's let's use wins, for example. For that matter, I wouldn't object to using the default 5x5 options - in a way it's better because it's easier for newer players to join, and auctions can scare people a bit. Also, I'd prefer not to do Holds if we can ... as nice as it would be to include middle relievers, holds are really more annoying and unbalancing than they are useful.

Also, K/9 probably more so than K/BB, it seems to be the more readily available stat of the two. And most certainly not both.

If I had to pick and we weren't doing default 5x5, I'd say:
                OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB
                W,S,K/9,WHIP,ERA
                possibly exchanging R or HR for SLG, or adding SLG to give an imbalanced set. We can have the more complex set in the regular league.

Comment

I'm flexible

I posted for players at FFZ

Comment

I haven't been able to do the splits since I was six, so I guess I'm not ...

Comment

we have a nibble over at FFZ Walrus has shown interest doing an auction league

Comment

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

last yrs auction stats

Comment

I'm quite partial to 1st, 2nd, and 6th hitters. We should add Hits and Doubles to the batters. Maybe also add Shut Outs to pitching.

Comment

more CGs, SHO are rare

but its your league (and Snoops?) so post the stats you want and we'll see if enough people object to something or want to add to it. Thats how I usually do it

Comment

For a simple stat set, CG and SHO are both terrible, because they imbalance things effectively randomly (particularly SHO, CG have at least a bit of predictability). Auction league should be simpler stat set, both because we have the other league in order to satisfy the grognards who want to muck things up, and because the auction is complex enough for new auctioners that adding too many stats makes it unapproachable, and too difficult for most.

Last year's set worked really well, and I'd really like to see it used again ... it is very well balanced between #1/#2 and #3/#4 hitters, basically three categories for each. (#5 hitter is not necessarily a doubles hitter, it's often a power hitter, like Paul Konerko for example on the White Sox). Doubles are well captured in SLG and RBI. Hits are well captured in OBP, SLG, and to a lesser extent R.

I'd be all for using last year's stats with the removal of Holds, or left as is, and with either Wins or QS...

Comment

Working...
                              X