limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limitations

How many civs, leaderheads, resources, buildings, wonders,units, etc., will Civ 4 support?

I'd say that depends on your machine. I don't think there's a hard coded limit to any of those things.

Comment

While anyone who understands the language could rewrite the code, the generic game does have a limit on the number of civs in a given game. I ran up against no additional available civ slots at 18 on a huge map where I was attempting to include a specific set of civs. Since then, I have seen at least two more of the regulars refer to the 18-civ limit. In the last 4 months, at least one thread addressed the location and type of the code that controls this, but I don't recall anyone coming back to say "36 civs: nothing to it."
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

BUG, Wolfshanze, and some other mods have incorporated the code that increases the # of AI limit. I think the default BtS is still at 18.

Comment

Limitations 2

Willem: Cool thanks
          BlauPanzer: I've seen several mods that talk about more than 18 but those are just mod specific right?
          Wodan II: Thanks
          I've been looking at several of these mods and they all seem to be cool until you start reading the threads and then these cute little mods become raging monsters kind of like throwing water on a cute little mogwai and getting a gremlin the next day. Are there any mods that you guys can recommend that isn't going to eat my computer. I not real computer savy and I don't understand computer lingo so I don't know what a DLL is. I just want more stuff. I'm a Journeyman Carpenter and I can build you a house but when it comes to computers I'm a noob and a little out of my element. Any help would be great. Thanks

Comment

Well for example even though some people have reported memory issues with the Wolfshanze mod, I myself don't have any issues.

So my recommend is give it a try. If you don't have issues, great, and you're like a fat kid in the donut factory. Otherwise, you don't even have to bother uninstalling it, just don't play it anymore, and no harm done.

Comment

Working...
            X