Official Proposal from the Korean Empire
I, the monk Ku Kai of Wonsan, have been comissioned to offer an official proposal regarding the peace deal and end of war between the nation of Piercia and the nations of Rome and Russia. I have the backing and authority of both the Foreign Minsiter Bak Moon and his majesty and Emperor of the heaven and earth Gojong of Silla. Before I get to the final proposal I will report on findings that, I believe, must be brought to light. Only through truth and understanding can true enlightenment be attained, and such is also the case for peace.
I have determined that:
- Simply in its form between Rome and Piercia, Russia was the cause of the conflict.
- In its greater form; that of the original conflict between Rome and the allied Spartans, Mayans and Piercians, the war was also begun and caused by the Russians.
- In its historic form; that of an impasse between Russia and Rome due to subjugation, whether true or percieved, of Russia by Rome. The war was caused by the relationship between the Romans and Russians.
- Any attempt to refute these findings is simply political motivation. There is no way a man of historic learning, especially of this area with more extensive knowlege and natural understanding of this regions history, could possibly refute any of these findings.
- Initially the war was between Rome and Russia. Russia asked for Piercian help and thus to be vassalized, Piercia obliged to do so. Russia then complained when Piercia made peace with Rome, and forced Piercia into war. Now Russia complains that they were brought into war in the first place, and nobody calls them on it. I call them on it. Russia has been duplicitous, and duplicity in congress with violence and death, with unneeded suffering, is an abomination and a cancer upon this earth.
Having said that, there are a few mistakes that Piercia made as well and I shall list them thusly;
- Piercia did in fact conspire to attack Rome, even under the auspices of peace.
- Piercia even accepted gifts from Rome while plotting to invade her.
- Piercia allowed herself to be used by the duplicitous and disorderly Russians.
- Piercia broke a long trust between herself and Rome, who was once an ally of Piercia. There was once a time where Roman and Piercian warrios fought along-side one another.
My purpose here is not to disrespect, or accuse any nation of wrong-doing. Nations work in their better interests and can not be judged based simply on the musings of a lowly monk like myself. However these are all facts. Denying any of this is true WILL NOT help the process of peace. We all know that lies, no matter how small, will eventually result in much suffering and pain. And this is that case. The continuation of this situation will only exacerbate towards more war and revenge. Accepting these findings as past transgressions is the only way we can move on to a proper peace agreement.
, I propose that the city of Mi'Ting (Meeting in foreign dialects) should remain in Roman control. However the return of that city should never be brought from the table. The citizens of the city are Piercian in origin, so it is only natural that they may wish to challenge the authority of Rome. If the denizens of Piercia forcefully return to Piercia (culture flip) then this should be no cause for war. That said, Piercia should not make designs to recapture the lost city. It was their own carelessness that caused it to fall.
, the Romans should not maintain their occupation of the remainder of their territories. Their so-called ally, Russia (who has shared that title with many other nations, much to their chagrin), has influenced this war. If they seek further reparations they shall go to the Russians. The remainder of the cities (Oath, L'Or and Horse Valley) should revert to Piercian control but only under the following conditions;
- Piercia must cede ONE trade voucher or ONE tech to the Romans.
- Piercia must sign a non-aggression treaty with Rome and Russia.
- The three aforementioned cities, currently occupied by Rome, may not hold Piercian armies. No more than two Piercian garrisons may remain in the city to maintain order.
- A three-nation occupation force will be established to maintain defense in these cities and to report to Rome, regularly, on the position of Piercian troops in the area.
- The three nations are yet to be determined, but in the interest of fairness I suggest Wyandot, Portugal and Greece.
While this is not exactly what the victors, Rome, have asked for. We believe this is the best way to end this peacefully, and hopefully to ensure future peace in the region. If borders between Rome and Piercia are maintained peacefully, I am confident that these ancient friends can once more join the community of peaceful nations. You can not build a wall (i.e. Wyandot ownership of the border territories) and expect peace to return, only by living alongside one another in peace and prosperity can you learn to trust one another again.
, I urge you both to cast a wary eye against Russia. They have once again proven to be duplicitous. Simply because they are small and weaker, does not mean they are to be trusted.
I hope you discuss my proposal, together, for openness is the way towards peace and love. I am going to return to Korea at this point (with my entourage, as well as visit nations along the way) so please send any responses to Foreign Minister Bak Moon. Thank you, and peace be upon you all.
- Ku Kai of Wonsan.