No announcement yet.

50 Worst Announcers in (American) Sports Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think they added studio personalities when there weren't 50 nation-wide known announcers. For example, Hawk Harrelson may be putrid, but most people have never heard him call a game.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Last two late sunday playoff games I've had the dubious honor of listening to Dennis Green on the radio. His commentary is good, but his voice...
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
        How can Chris Berman be #18 on the best announcers list and #2 on the worst announcers list?
        Congressmem doing the math.
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

There are really only 19 announcers. All the others were made up to give the list some credibility.

Comment

I enjoy Chris "He could go all the way" Berman

Stuart Scott, not at all and his eyes, wooo...

Tony Kornheiser..WTF? he aint much, IMHO

Tiki Barber..hes just a B!atch in my book

Merril Hoge
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Dennis Miller was the best football announcer of all time

Comment

Lol
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I remember being in a bar watching the Jet/Patriots game where Miller made his infamous "I haven't seen murkier bloodlines since the House of Plantagenet" joke. I was the only person in the bar who laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by Naked Gents Rut View Post
                    Dennis Miller was the best football announcer of all time

Comedian yes, entertainer yes, Football announcer..No way
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Oh, and for the record, Al Michaels was brilliant in announcing the SB last night (and so was Madden).
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I wouldn't say brilliant, but they were far better than they have been this past two years. He should do a commercial about whatever stimulant drink he took ... I'd take it

Watching an NBA game the other day, I realized that there is a big difference between NBA games and NFL games in terms of their announcing. NBA announcers typically have a high degree of involvement in the game, and pay a lot of attention to interesting small details - like how many times a shooter has taken a particular kind of difficult shot, for example. I don't know if it's the announcers just being really good at spotting that, or a better statistics package, or what, but they certainly seem to be more on top of that sort of thing.
                        Last edited by snoopy369; February 2, 2009, 11:19.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Michael Kay should be high up on that list. Sterling is bad (Robbie Cano, dontcha know! An A-BOMB from AROD!, Georgie Juiced One!), no doubt... but Kay's worse.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Yeah Madden was on last night. He reminded me of how good he was in the past. In the old days I was more likely to continue watching a game that was out of hand just because I thought he was entertaining.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Oh, and for the record, Al Michaels was brilliant in announcing the SB last night (and so was Madden).
                              Brilliant?

They did a pretty good job, though.

I know this because I didn't have to change the channel once to get Madden to shut up.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Since there isn't a great announcers thread.

Nobody probably knows his name, but everyone has heard Joe Starkey's calls.
                                Stanford/Cal "the band is on the field".
                                "Touchdown 49ers".
                                Joe has retired, and will be sorely missed.

And kudos to the Giant's (and ESPN) Jon Miller.
                                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                                X