X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Ted Kennedy collapses

Limited details, but prayers are with him and his family
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

He collapsed at the luncheon for Congress. His seizure lasted for several minutes, apparently, and he was taken out on a stretcher.

Sen. Byrd apparently had to be taken out during this, as he was "overcome" by the incident...
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sadness. Hope Ted recovers.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Hope all is well with Senator Kennedy and Senator Byrd.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Didn't Sen. Kennedy just get through a stroke? This doesn't bode well for him.
          B♭3

Comment

Despite my personal dislike, I wish him well.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

From the NY Times live blog:

Senator Orrin Hatch, Republican of Utah, said Mr. Kennedy was conscious and smiled at him as he was taken away by paramedics.
              So that's good at least.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, collapsed Tuesday afternoon during a luncheon held for President Barack Obama in the Capitol's Statuary Hall.

Sen. Kennedy, pictured earlier this month, was diagnosed with a brain tumor last May.
                2 of 2 Paramedics were called to the scene at 2:35 p.m. ET.

Kennedy, who appeared to be suffering from a seizure, was transported to a hospital.

"Senator Kennedy had a seizure" which "lasted a while," a Republican House member told CNN.

The member said Kennedy was still experiencing seizures when he was put in a wheelchair and taken out through the Rayburn room, located to the side of Statuary Hall.

Kennedy, 76, was first elected to the Senate in 1962.

The source did not know whether President Obama saw it happening because "there was still a lot of talking" and the program was still going on - the incident happened at the end of lunch.

This source was sitting at table in front of Kennedy and said Kennedy was sitting with former Vice President Walter Mondale and Senator Daniel Inouye

This from CNN

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  Despite my personal dislike, I wish him well.
                  You know him personally?
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

This is why I didn't enter the celebrity dead pool. He would have been on my list and then I'd now be wishing him to croak it. :/
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                      You know him personally?
                      No just thinking of the person he left to drown.

I still loved the volkswagon ad in National Lampoon that showed one floating on the river.
                      Attached Files
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                        You know him personally?

Many of us have been around long enough to remember the legacy of this Kennedy family member playing out in real time.

Spoiler:
                        Chappaquiddick

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          No just thinking of the person he left to drown.

I still loved the volkswagon ad in National Lampoon that showed one floating on the river.
                          I got hung up and got slowed posting, but we think alike rah

Time has a way of not forgetting how things were handled

By the way, they were talking abot the marks from golf cleats from a former president in the white house, and Jack kennedy stated his interests wouldnt leave marks in the floor..

Now was he talking about sailing or
                          Spoiler:
                          riding Marilynn Monroe between the times his brother Bobby had her out around the world

Comment

Hopefully he'll take the time to repent and be welcomed home in the Church.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

When a law suit was threatened by VW, National Lampoon ran the following retraction:

"Even if Ted Kennedy had driven a Volkswagen he wouldn't be president today."

Only the National Lampoon
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X