Civ3 "Double Your Pleasure"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 "Double Your Pleasure"

I down loaded 2 files from this site for this mod to Civ 3 PTW onlt to get a virus called "Generic/Artemis" and now my mcafee has blocked my game from running.

Can anyone help pls.

Could you please tell us which files you downloaded?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

dyP

hey, appreciate response .. are you able to help?

Comment

I'm on the staff here, so maybe I can make sure that no one in the future downloads the potential viruses.

But no one can help you unless you can tell us which files are possibly infected.

Good Luck,
        DC.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
          I'm on the staff here, so maybe I can make sure that no one in the future downloads the potential viruses.

But no one can help you unless you can tell us which files are possibly infected.

Good Luck,
          DC.
          Files are :-

and
          http:///civ3files.apolyton.net/mod/Dyp_v090_full.exe

as shown on your site ... easy to find under dyp

Comment

Okay, just reported it officially.

Thanks again.

~DC.
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Is it possible somoene knows how to fix the problem ? ... would be great it can be done, thanks

Comment

I believe this is a false positive. The virus reported was discovered in August last year. These files have been on our server for over 5 years, and have not been modified. The chance that they should be infected by an unkown virus for almost 5 years is neglectable.

I've run a check using the ClamAv virus scanner installed on our servers, and they show nothing. Some googling about the Generic!Artemis virus shows that it has many false positive reports. You should report the false positive to McAffe support, so that they can fix their virus definition database.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I used to work with a company that used a version of McAFee software (we did first tier support for it as well) and I would never put a McAfee product on my PC. McAfee doesn't detect a lot of stuff that is out there and has some false + reports also.
                  * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                  * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                  * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                  * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                  X