Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh, Blue Jays fans throwing crap onto the field, Leland pulls the Tigers off the field. Now everyone is sitting around in the 8th inning for 10 minutes. Weird.

Finally back to baseball.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• rough start for Motte, and managers with him on all 4 teams

Comment

• CC starts off 2009 the way he started off 2008. I hope he finishes similarly too...

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Still think he was a good pickup Berz?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian View Post
            CC starts off 2009 the way he started off 2008. I hope he finishes similarly too...

-Arrian
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              Still think he was a good pickup Berz?
              Does Berz have him in a fantasy league? Maybe he'll drop him?!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Umm, Berz picked him up in the auction league when he was at the point where he could have any player in the league, remember?

Comment

• Even in a loss, I found some things encouraging. Posada's HR. Matsui's HR. Cano's 2 (!!) BBs. Gardner's arm, which appears to be just fine (there was a group of Yankees fans upset about the downgrade from Melky's arm to the "noodle armed" Gardner. Not so). Gardner's speed (nice hit & run with Jeter, that otherwise would've been one of the Captain's patented GIDPs). Swisher's pinch hit double.

All of that bodes well. CC will be fine. Coke & Bruney, who sucked, will either be better or be gone.

161 games to go.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                    Umm, Berz picked him up in the auction league when he was at the point where he could have any player in the league, remember?
                    Not really .

All I know is that in the auction league, he's already dropped Felix Hernandez and Dan Uggla to pick up the next pretty young thing .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• You forgot about Raul Ibanez

Comment

• Knowing Berz... He has probably already made over 100 changes in all of his fantasy leagues

The Cubs looked good in their opener against Houston last night. The experts have them winning the Central, and I saw nothing last night that changed that. If they can stay healthy, it should be a good year.

And what the heck was with the PP of the White Sox opener. Sure it was cold and there were a few SMALL snow flurries, but come on, this is Chicago. I've sat through far worse Cubs opening days... A bunch of Wimps.
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think they pp'ed it when they thought the worse snow would hit Monday instead of Sunday night... and snow/frost probably impairs the condition of the field a bit

You know how picky their groundskeeper is ...

Comment

• Gregg giving up a run in the 9th is somewhat interesting for the Cubbies. Considering how close the closer competition was.

Comment

• Marmol came in the eigth, shut em down, and then Gregg got the save in the ninth. I'm sure Lou was thrilled...
                              The run was pretty meaningless, and Lou's game plan worked. I'm sure we are going to see much more of the same. If Gregg really starts screwing up and blows the saves, then Lou will probably do something. But until then, stubborn Lou will go with "HIS" plan.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Bless him for not being one of those "FLAVOR OF THE DAY" type managers.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X