Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, that's a rather different outcome... I'm not entirely sure why they played a seeding game, though. Japan had the better record (2-0 vs 2-1) and beat SK already once...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I just saw three Giants Cactus League games in Arizona.

We lost Friday 5-4 to the Angels who look good. But Tim Lincecum looked better.
      We lost again Saturday to the Rockies. But Matt Cain really pitched well.
      We beat the A's 10-1 Sunday in a split-squad game. The Big Unit looked pretty good.
      (I think the Angels beat us in the other split-squad game)

Maybe the Giants pitching will be the best in the (admittedly weak) NL West and we can win it.
      Last edited by Supr49er; March 9, 2009, 16:48. Reason: Fixed A's color
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
        Wow, that's a rather different outcome... I'm not entirely sure why they played a seeding game, though. Japan had the better record (2-0 vs 2-1) and beat SK already once...
        It's to determine seeding for the next round. You have two initial games (Games 1 and 2) and then the winners of those two play against each other (Game 3) as do the losers for those two (Game 4). Then you have the winner of the losers (ie, Game 4 winner) play the loser of the winners (ie, Game 3 loser) to determine who goes to the next round.

Then that team plays the double winner in Game 6 to determine seeding for the next round.

It's a very wierd setup. The double winner should be #1 seed, but there you go.

This also means that the US will most likely play either Canada or Venezuela again unless Italy goes on a momentus run. Canada plays Italy today in Game 4. The winner then plays Venezuela in Game 5. Winner of that plays the US in Game 6 to determine seeding.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'd assume we play Venezuela either way...

Are you going respond to my PM about the daily league

Comment

• is sheets hurt or just without a team?

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              I'd assume we play Venezuela either way...
              Canada could get lucky.

Are you going respond to my PM about the daily league
              The auction? I have to check my schedule for Sunday .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                is sheets hurt or just without a team?
                Just out for the year. He signed with Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  Canada could get lucky.

The auction? I have to check my schedule for Sunday .
                  You could consider letting us know ahead of time about these things if you're going to sign up

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                    Just out for the year. He signed with Texas.
                    I think the Texas signing was nullified after he failed a physical... see http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3886732 for example. Nothing I can find currently lists him as with Texas. However, some indications are he could play in the later portion of this year depending on how rehab goes.

Comment

• ...he could play in the later portion of this year depending on how rehab goes.
                      What I read is that he's definitely out for the year.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• This isn't a FBB thread

Comment

• Fixed. Too slow to DanS it, I guess.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• You also changed it to directly contradict what you had said earlier

Comment

• :shrug:

Comment

• The Dutch defeat the Dominican Republic (ie, 4th place in 2006) AGAIN, eliminating the D.R. (how much did they miss A-Rod?) and moving on to the next round. The Netherlands places Puerto Rico tomorrow on ESPN (instead of US vs. Venezuela, who decided that?) to determine seeding.

Comment

Working...
                                X