No announcement yet.

Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stop your bull**** now and save us all from the spam.

Your stupidity is approaching Ben territory here.

Consider:
    Noise was one issue(it seems you can get a pretty noisey 360 or a not so noisey one, random pick?). It has nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with the games.

Do you see the contradiction here? In consecutive sentences?

I promise you i will never own either, and am very happy about that.

You are very happy about not owning the premiere gaming platform? You clearly have some mental issues.

Unless something sysmic happens in the games industry i doubt I will ever get a new 'future' console either.

I've no idea what sysmic is, but I'm guessing you're trying to spell seismic. Don't use complex words if you don't know how to spell them.

I'm not impressed with 90% of current AAA(console) games.

It's awesome you can say that without playing 90% of the current AAA(console) games.

The problem here is you are both stupid and stubborn. I don't doubt you will now no longer get a 360 because you've emotionally invested yourself in this stupid argument and want to prove a point. That's your problem, but stop spamming about it here.

Go PM Ben if you want to have deep conversations like this. We need to raise the standards in this thread...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Systemic, not seismic.

Asher, your problem is you continue to assume people must agree with your opinions of things, and if they disagree, they must be stupid. Maybe he's not as informed as you, but simply saying (in effect) "trust me" is not stupid; and frankly, if he doesn't want to play X360 games, why the **** do you care? (Unless this is a ploy to increase MS's sales and stock value... in which case, well played, sir. )
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
        Systemic, not seismic.
        Both make sense, but the way he spelled it makes it clear he most likely meant seismic (as in, large). It is a common expression.

Asher, your problem is you continue to assume people must agree with your opinions of things, and if they disagree, they must be stupid.
        No, he's stupid for many reasons -- not because he disagrees with me. How else do you describe someone who in one sentence says "the 360 is too loud" and the next says "it has nothing to do with hardware"? He's very clearly scrambling to find excuses to justify his ill-informed and stubborn opinion on something he clearly knows next to nothing about. That bothers me in principle, and I call people out on it. How can anyone unilaterally say no games on the system interest him? Clearly they've not played them all nor understand enough about every game released on the system to see if it interests them.

He's making categorical statements about the system's games without knowing most of the games. That's stupid, plain and simple.

Maybe he's not as informed as you, but simply saying (in effect) "trust me" is not stupid; and frankly, if he doesn't want to play X360 games, why the **** do you care? (Unless this is a ploy to increase MS's sales and stock value... in which case, well played, sir. )
        I don't care that he doesn't want to play Xbox 360 games, I'm just indicating if he likes the PS2 and the games he mentioned, he'll eventually land a 360 because it has better versions of the types of games he wants.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The amusing thing to me is that Asher and El Cid, whilst very different in character and outlook, are united in their blinkered attitude towards certain elements of modern console gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
            The amusing thing to me is that Asher and El Cid, whilst very different in character and outlook, are united in their blinkered attitude towards certain elements of modern console gaming.
            You mean my hatred for Wii shovelware?

Yes, how evil of me. Even still, I do own a Wii and the several good games that exist on that platform (eg, Super Mario Galaxy). So, while a nice attempt at a troll, it's not quite true.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              I don't care that he doesn't want to play Xbox 360 games, I'm just indicating if he likes the PS2 and the games he mentioned, he'll eventually land a 360 because it has better versions of the types of games he wants.
              This is true and getting truer by the month, with lots of promising RPGs (both Western and jRPG) on the way. There's an increasingly diverse line-up that offers something to pretty much anyone.

I hate to agree with Asher but the 360 genuinely is the pinnacle of gaming at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                Tam's playing Fable 2 right now (right behind me). My god, that game is annoying. Perhaps it could be played as a real RPG, or maybe she's playing it on some low level or something... but not only does it seem to be primarily about farting and making other funny noises, but the combat is RIDICULOUSLY easy. I mean, good lord. She uses nothing but the sword, and just runs at people who are shooting at her, EN MASSE, with GUNS, from like thirty feet away. And doesn't die. And doesn't even appear to lose HIT POINTS. Maybe she accidentally entered some sort of cheat code?
                Definitely not a game for real gamers, at least not so far. Unless you like the Sims, anyway.
                That's totally it - the 'game' is a streamlined Sims with an RPG veneer. The veneer has some nice qualities which mean I probably will finish the game eventually, but it's still only a veneer.

It's clear why Fallout pissed on Fable in nearly all of the reviews.

Comment

Until Fallout can run on my PC without a CTD every 30 minutes, it's only candidacy is for most incompetent dev house.

Comment

The important thing is that you learn from your mistake and make sure you get the 360 version next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Until Fallout can run on my PC without a CTD every 30 minutes, it's only candidacy is for most incompetent dev house.
                      You need a better PC
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

The hell I do.

Bethesda needs a curbstomp.

Comment

Fallout didn't CTD for me more than the average Microsoft program, so I blame user error

Comment

I'm not interested in what the local support phone line jockey thinks.

Comment

I won't ask him then... but I think he might have some interesting things to say...

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                                That's totally it - the 'game' is a streamlined Sims with an RPG veneer. The veneer has some nice qualities which mean I probably will finish the game eventually, but it's still only a veneer.

It's clear why Fallout pissed on Fable in nearly all of the reviews.
                                Considering the deference reviewers give to big name franchises, see GTA4, I don't find this surprising. Also, given that most reviewers applaud the slow motion kills and talk about how cool they are, I don't think their opinion matters much.
                                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                                X