Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, XW:A is installed and seems to behave in Vista
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Eeeeeeexcellent! :Steeple fingers:

I'll give you a shout on YIM
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• Assuming they let me out of work at a reasonable hour anyway

But the evil taskmaster's not in today so perhaps I can get away with it
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Yup, more fun numbers from Activision's annual report, released earlier today. In this case, we see which console (or consoles) are buttering Activision's bread.

Have a nice day
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Good catch LOTM.

Look at the PC's pathetic sales when you exclude World of Warcraft.

Your link demonstrates it's clearly a dead platform unless you want to make MMORPGs.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• DP: This site sucks
              Last edited by Asher; March 2, 2009, 00:26.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Good catch LOTM.

Look at the PC's pathetic sales when you exclude World of Warcraft.

Your link demonstrates it's clearly a dead platform unless you want to make MMORPGs.
                This is the console wars thread. That Activision Blizzards PC sales are almost all WOW is hardly surprising. That their console sales on the Wii exceed those on the 360, well I suppose you have a story about why thats not surprising. I would like to hear it.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• What games does Activision release on the 360 aside from Guitar Hero and Call of Duty?

I'm pretty sure they've been releasing more Wii games and just relying on their staples on the 360 to bring in money.

Comment

What games does Activision release on the 360 aside from Guitar Hero and Call of Duty?
                    Its not like those games are big sellers on the 360, right?

Comment

• They are, but they are also released on the Wii (and other software also)?

Why don't you just be a man for a while and post something with substance, rather than little hints and suggestions? The passive aggressiveness is worse than I've seen in any woman.

Comment

They are, but they are also released on the Wii (and other software also)?
                        I am pretty sure they released at least some other software on the 360 in the period in question as well. And surely, COD sold much better on the 360 then on the Wii.

I of course do not know enough about the console market to make broad definitive statements about what this indicates. I find it interesting nonetheless.

And I don't really care if you don't like my posting style, or what remarks you care to make about it.

Comment

Why don't you just be a man for a while and post something with substance, rather than little hints and suggestions? The passive aggressiveness is worse than I've seen in any woman.
                          Weren't you getting very close to a good new job? Surely the "out of work, under stress, hence personal attacks" excuse is wearing a bit thin now?
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

• It's not a personal attack, it's a response to his posting style which is very, very grating. He dances around everything without ever getting to a punchline or a cohesive argument. He doesn't take the time to do any research for any topic he discusses, he just throws something out there without any comment and forces everyone else to direct the conversation. It's lazy and a bit ridiculous. If he wants to post on forums, he should consider actually posting something of substance.

Comment

• AC it's just not worth it. The personal attacks don't stem from any current situation: Asher is simply unable to discuss anything in this forum without attacking people he disagrees with. I personally have learnt to live with it as it can be amusing and I see it for what it is - an attempt to mask his underlying insecurity about his abilities, which will probably pass with time.

It's a shame his approach has dissuaded posters with thinner skins from engaging in discussions though. God knows we need all the posters we can get at the moment.

Comment

• So true.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X