View Enemy City ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Enemy City ?

Hey guys, dumb just-started-again-after-long-time noob question (senility sucks!)

I know in BTS that when my stack is next to the enemy city I'm attacking, I could view it to see if it had any Wonders and such, without having a spy there or anything.

I cannot remember how, and there's nothing I can find in the documentation or any of the keyboard references I have, and searching the web has come up empty.

Could someone "remind" me how you do this lol

Remember, I'm old. The answer can't be "just click and hit the info button".

Gotta spell it out for me, like, "left click the city info bar, go to the little medicine bottle above medicine chest, drink two spoonfuls of the geritol in the bottle....."

Thanks guys!
    Give a man a fire and you warm him for a day. Light a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life.

Double click on the city name in the main screen.

Comment

If you have the espionage points required (the map shows you what the city is building), you can "left click the city info bar" and the city screen will appear.

If you do NOT have the espionage points required but you have the city within your line of sight, you can still zoom all the way in, do a CTRL-B (if necessary) to get unit graphics out of the way, and use SHIFT or CTRL (left and right arrow keys) to visually examine the buildings present. May have to augment with familiarization of what various building LOOK like (F9; Wonders tabs). Without line of sight, your looking at the city with CTRL-B may give you OLD information.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
        Double click on the city name in the main screen.
        Heh heh heh! If only it were that easy. Always a kidder in the bunch

Originally posted by Jaybe View Post
        If you have the espionage points required (the map shows you what the city is building), you can "left click the city info bar" and the city screen will appear.
        If you do NOT have the espionage points required but you have the city ... visually examine the buildings present.
        Well, there is a feature in Civ 4 that lets you examine an enemy city when your forces are right next to it. So you could examine it for Wonders while you're attacking, to better decide whether it can be safely razed if you don't desire to capture it.

I know I used to do that with no Espionage points at all, even early on when I was just using an Axe rush (didn't want to accidentally destroy Stonehenge). You can actually bring up the City Info screen for the enemy city you're attacking. I recall it wasn't a very intuitive command.

Anyone out there know how you do it?
        Give a man a fire and you warm him for a day. Light a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yes, if someone knows, please let us know. It would be nice to know.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't think there's any such feature. Not according to CFC anyway.

Comment

I know I used to do that with no Espionage points at all, even early on when I was just using an Axe rush (didn't want to accidentally destroy Stonehenge). You can actually bring up the City Info screen for the enemy city you're attacking. I recall it wasn't a very intuitive command.

I do not think that is doable in BtS. Maybe with Warlords.

Comment

Here's a way to find out where wonders have been built:
                Press F9 to bring up the "Info Screen". At the bottom of the screen, click on "Top 5 Cities/Wonders". In the top right of the screen you can see a scrollable list of wonders. Click on the wonder in the list, and you will see what city it was built in.

Note that you will only see what city a wonder is built in if the city is currently in your line-of-sight.

This way of finding wonders can be tedious once the list of wonders gets long.
                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

On an editorial note, If you're attacking a city I think you should be able to look in and see the building there.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    On an editorial note, If you're attacking a city I think you should be able to look in and see the building there.
                    You definitely can. When I figure it out again, I'll be sure to post it. I'm gonna see if I can figure it out tonight.

Comment

This may not be the answer you are looking for...

Look at the city!

Seriously, zoom in as close as you can to the city. Any wonders they have built will be visible as one of the buildings in the city. If you are unsure what the wonders look like, then you can go to the info for best cities/wonders and you will look at a little pictures of the wonders. It's a pain, but it is the only way I know to do this. Things like the Pyramids and the Collusus are pretty obvious, but the others you may have a little more challenge with.
                      If you aren't confused,
                      You don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X