Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Med Mod II loading save game problem? still?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Med Mod II loading save game problem? still?

Is the loading a saved game problem still around in the Med Mod ?
    I have just tried loading my saved game, the first sttempt worked and I happily played, the time came to save the game and exit CTP2 but on thinking I could come back and resume my game I loaded up and got the error "GC097.spr not found in asset tree".
    I'm sorry if I missed a thread somewhere telling us how to correct this, but could someone please enlighten me ?

thank you

Sorry for the thread, i just found A thread dealing with this in the Creation forum. I guess its time to stop playing the Med Mod 2 until a fix is found.

Comment

I am going to ask around and see if any fix for this is available. If not, we may end up putting some stuff in the default folders, which should not be a problem with the graphics portions of the mod. I will try my best to get this resolved one way or another by the time the beta is released.

Comment

Thanks Wes.

Comment

Yes, I think there's a solution to this. I haven't tried the Med Mod II, but my own mod runs into the same problem.

The fix I use, and I mentioned this before in the gu spr thread (and someone else mentioned it in another thread), is to make sure you launch a new game with the mod first, before loading any saved files. Then after you started the new game with the mod, load up the saved file. Doing this, will ensure your save file continues to work, after you exit the program. However, if you forget to do this even once, and overwrites your save files, that save file will not work, next time you load it. It is a hassle, but it works... for me at least, haven't heard anyone else having success loading up saved files. shrug..

The other fix is to overwrite all the files in your ctp2data directory with the mod files. This was the method I used, before I discovered how to put mod files in the scenario directory. This method had worked for my mod without any fancy tricks. The one big drawback with this method is, you can't load any other scenarios. You'll run into a bunch of errors, if you try to load other scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Comment

EDIT: Oh, I think in the other gu*.spr thread, someone seemed to think a bad file can be loaded with fix. It cannot. Once a save file is bad, it stays bad. Put it out of the misery, and delete it.
            [This message has been edited by BlueO (edited January 20, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks BlueO, I'll give it a try doing it this way.

Comment

Working...
              X