Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is unbelievably bad, buggy, and stupid

That is all.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Hmmmmm... funny one!

For Vanilla:
    No, Yes, Yes

For AoD II:
    No, No, No

Wanna give AoD II a try?
    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

No chance in hell.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

My SO and I were playing a marathon game that was utterly ruined by either moronic game design or incompetent developers. Our revolution meter wouldn't ever get above 32% unless we started killing existing units (our military to fend off the invasion). So once we killed them, we could finally revolt...but were so weak that we got killed within a few turns.

Comment

Vanilla:

Do you know colonists out of your colonies count in the total population (so you may have 10 colonies with 100% but total RS 49%)?

The good thing is LB production counts above 100%, if you had more colonies and more LBs, you could get an 100%...

AoD II:

Issue sorted. Colonists out of colonies do not count at all for the purposes of total RS.

You seem to have made your mind already...

But if you ever feel like trying something new -which from my experience has solved 99% of the issues one may have with vanilla- try AoD II!

Comment

As for King's strength it has been addressed in AoD II with Dale applying a cap at stupid REF increases (400 MoWs incease is a no go this time!)

Comment

I've already uninstalled. Not interested if they can't bother to get it right the first time. Too many games to play to fixate on half-assed **** games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                My SO and I were playing a marathon game that was utterly ruined by either moronic game design or incompetent developers. Our revolution meter wouldn't ever get above 32% unless we started killing existing units (our military to fend off the invasion). So once we killed them, we could finally revolt...but were so weak that we got killed within a few turns.
                You could have done the sensible thing and just added them to colonies rather than deleting them. And stored the excess muskets and horses in wagon trains, ships or warehouse extensions. Would have saved you the bother of disbanding your army, and allowed you to win the war.

BTW, you can also win the WoI at a ratio of 1:6 (you:REF) in vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

You could have done the sensible thing and just added them to colonies rather than deleting them. And stored the excess muskets and horses in wagon trains, ships or warehouse extensions. Would have saved you the bother of disbanding your army, and allowed you to win the war.
                  The colonies were already maxed in terms of what they could support, as were my ships, trains, and warehouses.

Comment

It only takes a couple of hammers to make a WT.

I tend to have fleets of them like 40-60.

Anyway, happy new year! Happy Coling everyone!
                    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; January 1, 2009, 00:32.

Comment

So your complaint is that you suck and don't understand the game?
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                        So your complaint is that you suck and don't understand the game?

Basically yes, Asher has a habit of being that way
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

My problem is I'm too smart for these games. They're designed by idiots.

I'd like Oerdin to explain to me the rationale that military units fortified within a settlement will never want to revolt against the King in Europe even though 100% of the citizenry does.

Retarded.

Comment

::sigh::

For every 4 bells you produce per turn, you can turn the will of one colonist. That's a rough way to remember it.

To revolt (50%) you need to produce x2 LBs than the number of all colonists inside and outside colonies.

Strictly speaking you will need 51%...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              My problem is I'm too smart for these games. They're designed by idiots.

I'd like Oerdin to explain to me the rationale that military units fortified within a settlement will never want to revolt against the King in Europe even though 100% of the citizenry does.

Retarded.
                              Because if a military unit is fortified in a city, they are obviously at the local house of ill rupute having cocktails and sampling the ladies. Why would they want to revolt?

Some of us actually like girls Asher
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X