My units went invisible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My units went invisible

I have been playing Colonization for several days and am enjoying it a lot. But I somehow struck a combination of keys that made all of the units go invisible.

I have tried everything I can think of to bring them back (including quitting the game and starting a new one. Nothing makes them visible again.

Anyone have a suggestion ?

Did you try this?
    Attached Files
    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
      Did you try this?
      I'm having the same problem and toggling that button does not work. I can see the flags and even the tools being used but not the person using them.. As the original poster said, for the first few days I did not have this problem then suddenly it appeared.

Comment

Are you trying to access a savegame from a different mod?
        Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
          Are you trying to access a savegame from a different mod?
          I have now 'upgraded' to AoDII but am still having the same problem. I access the game as instructed when downloading AoDII. This problem did not exist with Civilization BTS and is starting to drive me nuts and spoil the game.

Thanks for your help anyway. I am sure that it is not just a case of toggling the right button. I am wondering whether I need to upgrade the device driver for the display card (currently - generic PnP Monitor on Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family). But that is a little beyond my capabilities. But if what I already have works okay on every other version of Civ then why should it be a problem here?

Comment

Col & Civ use different versions of graphic technologies (shader is the biggest one). So just because Civ works doesn't guarentee Col will.

Have you tried updating your graphic drivers and reducing graphic options in-game to low? Also turn anti-alias off in game.

Comment

Just a thought..if you are running Vista.
              Do you have the Vista Side Bar full of "gadgets/tools"?
              That side bar gadget is very RAM hungry try switching it off.
              I found that out when playing Sid Meier's Railroads!
              I have no problems with CIV4 +BTS, but if I have my Vista side bar running with Railroads I get graphics problems, but switch off side bar and problems stop
              Crazy Bear = HulluKarhu from Finland
              Hullu= Crazy, Karhu= Bear
              puuttumattomuuspolitikka= not a Good idea to interfere with.

Comment

I agree about trying different graphics drivers. I have two computers where the units and basic terrain are invisible, just a white sheet with little poles, weapons and tools. This makes it very challenging to figure out where to found towns, basically using the text at the left to see resources), and it's *really* fun trying to fight a war when you can barely detect the units of either side. Curiously the towns are visible, and curiously some of the new ships from AoD II are visible (ghostly, but visible). [Now on those computers I'm confident that the graphics cards are simply inadequate and no driver will compensate.]

My favorite part, though, is that some of the leader heads consist of buttons and eyeballs floating in the air against the normal background.
                "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Working...
                X