The future of PC gaming - 2009 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more like get bored to death by it

And it is quiet on the PC front, i'm happy to admit it. Bad DRM decision's, poor console ports, piracy problems, hardware issues, rushed releases("it's ok we will patch it later" syndrome), and a big industry push to get people on consoles all have a part to play. Thats just the way it is.

hmmm ok this is more a piece(from gamasutra of course!) on historic games, the games that shaped the industry. In truth it could go in the console war thread, but it also fits here as at the time the arcades were the most likely place you would first play this game, and many versions were made for all the home computers of the day(hobbiest and industry releases), as well as the consoles of the day(the atari vcs etc). It's a good read

I did try to code my own in Z80 basic back in 1985, but you really hit a wall with the hardware using basic very quickly, and i was never a good enough coder to get past those kind of problems. You needed machine code(to my mind).

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      I'm confused. Is this thread about the torrid love affair between Asher and Nikolai or is this thread suppose to be about the topic stated in the thread title?
      I fear that this discussion will never truly be over, given Asher's clear unrequited love for young Nikolai.

Comment

• Nikolai's not young.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• A-ha! So you admit you had unrequited love for him when he was young. And now your animosity towards him stems, quite heart-breakingly, from the knowledge that you missed your chance and those years are gone forever.

It all makes sense now.

Comment

• Nikolai is absolutely young*. As are you, Asher...

*This is based on the 'anyone younger than I must be young, as I am definitely young', standard.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm 22 and I at least try to tell myself I'm young. As it is now revealed, Asher and I are deeply, madly in love, as deeply in love as only a stockholmish hate/love syndrom can make one. We have shared many intimate chats throughout the nights lately, it's amazing what a great, sexy guy he is. Deep inside, he's all cuddly and soft, he's adorable. One day, I hope to marry him and adopt lots of big eyed children. Love you sweetie! Send me another of those sexy ass pics please! I wet myself last night when I saw the new one you sent.

Love, Nikolai.

PS! Man, how great it is to finally have our secret out of the closet.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                Nikolai is absolutely young*. As are you, Asher...

*This is based on the 'anyone younger than I must be young, as I am definitely young', standard.
                I'm not young, but you are definitely old as ****.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                  I'm 22 and I at least try to tell myself I'm young. As it is now revealed, Asher and I are deeply, madly in love, as deeply in love as only a stockholmish hate/love syndrom can make one. We have shared many intimate chats throughout the nights lately, it's amazing what a great, sexy guy he is. Deep inside, he's all cuddly and soft, he's adorable. One day, I hope to marry him and adopt lots of big eyed children. Love you sweetie! Send me another of those sexy ass pics please! I wet myself last night when I saw the new one you sent.

Love, Nikolai.

Don't **** with me Nikolai, I remember your racist tirade not too long ago. You don't like me cause I'm black, I don't like you because you're European. Get over it.

Comment

• I have nothing against blacks. You are all very sexy. Grrrr.....
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Now you're making animal noises? Because I'm black?

Comment

• Because of that lovely, sexy rage of yours.

Comment

• guys...please.....get a room! this is for discussing PC games! ........oh....i....see.. but not that kind of 'PC game' ok!! dammit!

Comment

• Quake via a browser - interesting:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              I'm 22 and I at least try to tell myself I'm young. As it is now revealed, Asher and I are deeply, madly in love, as deeply in love as only a stockholmish hate/love syndrom can make one. We have shared many intimate chats throughout the nights lately, it's amazing what a great, sexy guy he is. Deep inside, he's all cuddly and soft, he's adorable. One day, I hope to marry him and adopt lots of big eyed children. Love you sweetie! Send me another of those sexy ass pics please! I wet myself last night when I saw the new one you sent.

Love, Nikolai.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Cid View Post
                                Quake via a browser - interesting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7907530.stm
                                Browser games are all the rage now.. well, I don't know how much of a rage exactly, but there does seem to be a push in that direction.

I recent tried out an FPS online game that is hosted exclusively through browser gaming: I was impressed by the graphical performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X