This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Pit [Pitboss Diplomacy Game] [Organization Thread IV]

This is the Fourth Organization Thread for the Pitboss Diplomacy Game: Beyond the Pit

Use the Story Thread for in-game purposes.

Important links:
    CivStats for this game
    gmail login for this game

Story Thread Part 1 (July-August)
    Story Thread Part 2 (September)
    Story Thread Part 3 (October)
    Story Thread Part 4 (November)
    Story Thread Part 5 (December 2008)
    Story Thread Part 6 (January 2009)
    Story Thread Part 7 (February 2009)
    Story Thread Part 8 (March 2009)
    Story Thread Part 9 (March 2009)

Organisation Thread Part 1
    Organisation Thread Part 2
    Organisation Thread Part 3 (Last post)

Tech Trade Thread
    LOGOUT (to login with your real or pitboss account)

IP: plomp.eu:2062

-----------------------------------------------
    You can mail to the following mail-addresses:
    [civname]@diplo.plomp.eu

if plomp.eu mail is down use the alternate address:

[civname]@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com (instead of [civname@diplo.plomp.eu)
    -----------------------------------------------

Voting

Every 1st day of the month we will start voting for the best players in 3 categories during the last month.

We vote in 3 categories:
    1. story telling
    2. diplomacy
    3. military strategy

We send in a top-3 list for every category.

Story telling is about submitting interesting stories to the story thread in any format.

Diplomacy is about being able to reach your goals through diplomacy in any way.

Military strategy is about making very tactical strategical moves and decisions. (make sure you post evidence about this in the story thread!)
    NB: this category isn't meant only for the war-winners. Someone can lose a war because he's a weaker player, but made some brilliant moves. In this thread we can award him for that. The game-scorelist will reward players for winning wars.

Every player is free to pick 3 players in every category. No more! Less (or none) is possible if you can't choose. It would be cool if you could include reasons for the vote.

Rules for voting:
    1. send them in before the 4th of the month!
    2. votes send in after the 4th of the month do not count
    3. players who didn't vote for a specific month will not gain vote-points for that specific month
    4. voting happens through the anonymous mail address
    5. votes stay unknown till the end of the game (to avoid political votes)
    6. votes are being send to vote@diplo.plomp.eu or votes@diplo.plomp.eu
    vote@diplo.plomp.eu.test-google-a.com also works.
    7. The mail subject includes "votes round x"
    8. You can't vote for yourself
    9. The vote-mailbox that receives all votes will remain closed till the game has been finished. Then we will all receive the password and be able to read/count the votes and read the comments.

The #1 in each category earn 3 points, #2 earns 2 points, #3 earns 1 point.

This will result in 4 scorelists (3 above mentioned categories + the gamescore list)

All players will receive points for their position in all of these 4 lists. 18 points for the #1's, 17 points for the #2's, ...... 1 point for the #18's

The sum of these points tells us who won this game.

Conclusion, the winner is determined by:
    25% gamescore
    25% story telling
    25% diplomacy
    25% military strategy

----------------------------------

Rules:

- 15 tech trade rule
    Every civilization in this game is allowed to trade away 15 techs. It is also allowed to trade away the right to trade a tech to another civilization.
    It matters not what the away trading civilization gets in return. It matters not if it is a small technology (ie. fishing) or a big technology (ie. Fusion).

If civ A trades Philosophy to civ B which returns both Monotheism and Masonry, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade a tech away (tech voucher) and Civ B loses 2 rights to trade a tech away (2 tech vouchers).

If Player A trades away Philosophy to civ B which returns the right to trade away a tech, then Civ 1 loses and wins 1 tech voucher (thus: the nr of techs he can trade away remains the same) while Civ B loses 1 right to trade away a tech.

If Civ A gives Theology to Civ B, then Civ A loses 1 right to trade away a tech (loses 1 tech voucher).

- Turn Order During War Time

Civilizations that are at war must agree to a set turn order that is enforced from the moment war is declared in-game until the war ends in-game (i.e. spoken agreements or promises to end the war don't count, the war must end in the game). All combatants shall alternate their turns according to a consensus agreement by all war participants. When during the day each player plays his or her turn will be decided by consensus of all war participants. This will be done to ensure all players take their turns in the proper order without inconveniencing any player or preventing any player from taking a turn.

During war, each player is allowed to log in to the game only once each turn, and take no more than one hour to play their turn. The next player in the turn order is not allowed to log in until the preceding player has logged out.

If the turn order is violated in any way, or an allegation of violation is made, the game shall be paused immediately.

If turn order is violated it is then up to the victim(s) of such violation to decide whether a reload is necessary. If the victim(s) requests a reload, a reload is to be done immediately (no debate). If the victim(s) is satisfied with alternate solutions, then an arrangement can be made between the turn order violator(s) and the victim(s) and a reload will not be necessary and the game shall be unpaused.

Alternate solutions must be agreed to by all war participants by consensus, and will be enforced by all game participants. If an alternative solution is not carried out exactly as agreed, a reload shall occur immediately (with no debate) to the turn of the original turn-order violation.
    Last edited by Robert; May 5, 2009, 08:27.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Originally posted by CyberShy
    Am I the only one who didn't knew that clicking on the 'replies number' link for every thread in the forum gives an overview of the number of replies by every poster in that thread?

I made most replies in this thread

And nope, I didn't know it either. Are you sure it is not just an admin capability, as I can't seem to make it work.

But that's OK, I know who to ask if I ever get that curious.

Comment

I'm missing playing this game... what happened again in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss America
        I'm missing playing this game... what happened again in it?
        Yeah, I feel that.

I'm excited to get back into the swing of things again myself. I have a few storylines planned, and I'm interested to see what the fallout is from the "northern war" (as we call it in Korea). I wonder if its over, or what is going to happen.

I haven't seen anyone online (and by anyone I mean the people I normally talk to) in like two weeks! So I have no idea what the mindset is between all of the combatants.

I'm anxious to find out.
        "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss H Roman

And nope, I didn't know it either. Are you sure it is not just an admin capability, as I can't seem to make it work.

But that's OK, I know who to ask if I ever get that curious.
          It's also there when I login to my pitboss account.
          It's th "replies" column in the main-overview (civ4\multiplayer)

There is says or every thread how much replies it has.
          Those numbers (ie. 405 replies) are links.
          When you click then, it gives you an overview.

Comment

Capo: are you aware that you missed last turn and didn't play this turn yet either?

Comment

Yeah I'm aware, I was going to play it last time, then something came up. And today I can't really play it either, so hopefully I'm not too hungover for the next few days.
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy

It's also there when I login to my pitboss account.
                It's th "replies" column in the main-overview (civ4\multiplayer)

There is says or every thread how much replies it has.
                Those numbers (ie. 405 replies) are links.
                When you click then, it gives you an overview.
                Doesn't work for me. All that happens is that I get taken to that thread.

Comment

Works for me... Are you clicking the right link? Do you have a pop-up blocker on?

Personally I've known about this feature for years, it's pretty standard for forum software like this, but I tend not to pay much attention, since it's mainly there for admins to check who's spamming a thread.
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Will try again.

btw CS. I sent my December votes last evening by gmail. Let me know if you did NOT receive them. thx!

Comment

Maybe some forum-styles have not that link.

Regarding voting: I'll setup the new story thread and ask for the voting soon, most probably tomorrow. After all it's New Years day! (And I'm pretty sick! I even went to sleep yesterday 10pm! )

Comment

In case you were wondering ....

Pitboss America 72
                        Pitboss Celts 126
                        Pitboss England 6
                        Pitboss Greece 312
                        Pitboss H Roman 109
                        Pitboss Inca 12
                        Pitboss India 0
                        Pitboss Japan 1,089
                        Pitboss Khmer 253
                        Pitboss Korea 517
                        Pitboss Maya 212
                        Pitboss Natives 135
                        Pitboss Persia 356
                        Pitboss Portugal 339
                        Pitboss Rome 603
                        Pitboss Russia 103
                        Pitboss Spain 108
                        Pitboss Vikings 1,212

Info from the members list as of a couple of hours ago. Of course, Ozzy (India) is posting as himself, and nor would this reflect all the regular ID posts made in the organization thread.

Comment

test
                          "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Are we going to the normal timer after this turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Pitboss H Roman View Post
                              Pitboss America 72
                              Pitboss Celts 126
                              Pitboss England 6
                              Pitboss Greece 312
                              Pitboss H Roman 109
                              Pitboss Inca 12
                              Pitboss India 0
                              Pitboss Japan 1,089
                              Pitboss Khmer 253
                              Pitboss Korea 517
                              Pitboss Maya 212
                              Pitboss Natives 135
                              Pitboss Persia 356
                              Pitboss Portugal 339
                              Pitboss Rome 603
                              Pitboss Russia 103
                              Pitboss Spain 108
                              Pitboss Vikings 1,212

Info from the members list as of a couple of hours ago. Of course, Ozzy (India) is posting as himself, and nor would this reflect all the regular ID posts made in the organization thread.
                              I totaled up the posts I made in BtP threads, and I got 271.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X