Multiplayer connection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer connection problems

We tried to play CTP2 at first via Internet, which works very well - Thanks to Mexico.
    As my friend stayed at my home, we tried to play a LAN connection with IPX or TCP/IP LAN, but both didn't work.
    Via IPX we got the massage "error of link connection" (we came not even into the lobby).
    Via TCP/IP we saw each other in the lobby and we could see when someone create a new game, but the other one couldn't enter into this game - the PC tried to connect but nothing happened.

At first we tried to play the ground version (with the patch 1.1) and later the Apolyton Edition. Via Internet it works only the ground version with the patch - but it works.

Could someone tell me why we couldn't play LAN. It would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Multiplayer connection problems

Originally posted by leinis74
    Via TCP/IP we saw each other in the lobby and we could see when someone create a new game, but the other one couldn't enter into this game - the PC tried to connect but nothing happened.
    Could it have been a firewall issue?

I've never used the LAN option, but I've seen people post here that have used it successfully using IPX (after you install it into Windows) and TCP/IP.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Unfortunately we can count out problems with the firewall, because we disable it.

Comment

Multiplayer Lan connection

I am having the same problem with call to power 2 multiplayer lan. I downloaded the latest apolyton patch on 2 computers and tried to play a game with my brother. I set the game up and he tried to join. His name did pop up on my game but his computer was stuck with the progress bar flashing back and forth. Any ideas on how to correct this?

Comment

What version of windows?
          Who ever said everything is possible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

Working...
          X