TEXT_KEY error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEXT_KEY error

Hi, I just bought Civilization: Beyond the Sword and I'm getting "TEXT_KEY_CIV_SUMERIAN" and stuff like that.

This happened before with Warlords and the original, but it's very bizarre because now the TEXT_KEY errors with Warlords and the original are gone. It's only with the new civs, techs, and units in Beyond the Sword. From what I recall, the same thing probably happened when I got Warlords (the TEXT_KEY errors for civs, techs, and units from the original game disappeared).

I think it may have to do something with the fact that I am using a Korean version of Windows XP. But is there anyway to fix this? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.
    "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Cant you have multiple localizations of XP ? I think You can. I suggest you turn your XP into somthing else (like american) before running civ, then. I think you can dl the files you need at the microsoft website.

This is all very vague and kind of guessing - but thats the direction i´d poke...

Comment

How do you get multiple localizations? Is there anywhere you can download that for free? I just want the proper names to come out. It's quite annoying...

Comment

Well as mentioned above, try the microsoft website. Also, right click your taskbar. A context-menu will pop up. In that there is a sub-menu called ´symbol bars´ or something like that (i am using the german version). In that activate ´localization schemes´ (again: actual name probably is different). A new icon should appear on your taskbar with the letters for your current localization setting (e.g. ´US´ for america, ´DE´ for germany....). Play with that one. I think you can enter the localization options with it and there you can choose localizations to be installed and one to use. All said without gurantee.

Comment

Didn't work. Thanks for your help though.

If anybody has any other ideas... I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, to hear that, siredgar.

Well, maybe i should have mentioned that i use XP (pro).

Comment

This error and its solution have arisen before in one of the earlier versions (Warlords?). A devised solution was presented, but because I did not have the problem, I don't remember the solution. Does that help, or am I just rambling?
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
              X