Ship to ship combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship to ship combat

I've noted that ship to ship combat is ALWAYS fought one on one.
    I think that if you use two destroyers for example, you should be able to outflank a lone battleship, but they just keep fighting one on one. I tried applying the IsFlanker flag to the ships, but it made no difference. Some unitbehavior must be placed somewere else. Ships have a ranged attack, but never uses it.

-------
    folowing added after further analysis:
    -------

ok, I now see that battleships use their ranged attack when in superior numbers, but destroyers don't.
    neither does subs
    I first thought it was because their ordinary attack was more powerfull then their ranged one, but that was wrong, since the ranged is better.
    can't see any differences between destroyer and battleship right now, so behavior HAS to be scripted somewere outside the units.txt
    any clues?
    Don't know if you have stacks of 12 though, if they use it, but still, two ships (or more) should be able to fire at one target. It makes superior numbers in seabattles almost pointless.
    [This message has been edited by Wyrmo (edited January 15, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Wyrmo (edited January 15, 2001).]
    If you don't like it, MOD IT!

same combat behavior that the game uses if the entire stack is ranged. attack a single unit with 2 archers and they wont attack as expected but do so one on one.

------------------
    History is written by the victor.

Comment

Working...
    X