Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Ekmek
    Country
    This is Ekmek's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    05:45
    thx guys I want to add the eagle but tried several ways to add the eagle but it kept getting distorted. I'll have to release one without until I figure away to add the eagle.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

The Capo
    Country
    This is The Capo's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    13:45
    Here is my attempt (on Jose San Martin), its not in the right position, but I think it looks pretty decent, and would probably look much better on Santa Anna's sash. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

CivisTexanus
    Settler
    Country
    This is CivisTexanus's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Hey there Wolf, really digging the mod (I can't remember the last time I played vanilla). Sorry to see the drama on the other board, but yours is the mod I play, so here I am. I just completed a full game playing Rome (my eyes are still burning in fact, got a Space Vic, yay me) and here are some thoughts/impressions.

The Ronin and Ninja really need to go. They've been bugging for a while, I fianlly figured it out. They're nice models and all but A) Neither Ronin nor Ninja really constitute significant military force (especially at the Civ level) one is a masterless and landless sell-sword and the other is an assasin. And B) considering both are contemporaries of the Samurai and here they are axeman and swordsman, they appear a 'bit' early. It really messes with with my head when my miles gregarii are fighting Nip chariots and Ninja. On the other hand, the Daimyo really fits, like a glove.

Love the bombard! That hole needed filling. Have you seen the other bombard out there, ripped from Empire Earth I believe?

Machine guns! Yes I think the AI at last uses MGs fairly well. Had a long WWI slug-fest with the Incans, complete with a static front and biplanes. I only broke the stalemate with early tanks (as it should be). The only thing is, I'm starting to think making them immune to collateral damage from seige engines was a bit much (I'm looking at you Firaxis). Even with massed artillery I couldn't seem to shift MGs much. I do plan to start running Wolf-Rev with Dale's ranged bombard so that might help, but still...

My battleships seem to loose to destroyers a bit too much. Not sure why, even if he had level 3 destroyers, a Battleship should still mop up a 'tin can'.

Perhaps ICBMs should be moved to Satellites AND Rocketry. That way Tac Nukes have an era of their own. Maybe add in Nuke Bombers (gotta be Peacemakers!) if we do that.

I hate this 'early x' nomenclature. How about Armored Track (early tank), Aerofighter (early fighter), Aerobomber (early bomber), and Aeroplane (early flyer)?

I think there is room for a generation of aircraft between WII and the late cold war 'high jet age' machines. The era ushered in by the Me 262 and closed by the F100 series.

I could live with two mounted unit tracks. One for shock effect cavalry going Horseman - Heavy Horseman - Knight - Cuirassier. And the other ranged-skirmisher going Horse Archer - Heavy Horse Archer - Pistoleer. Both would culminate in the Cavalry unit.

I'm not sure I've met a new CIV IV unit class that I haven't liked So I'm really looking foward to Motor. Inf.

Keep fighting the good fight Sir! And thanks for making CIV IV better.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    07:45
    CivisTexanus, thanks for the comments... I'll think about what you said... ponder a few things... etc...

Originally posted by E
    thx guys I want to add the eagle but tried several ways to add the eagle but it kept getting distorted. I'll have to release one without until I figure away to add the eagle.
    Ekmek... with or without Eagle... makes no difference to me... the only problem I have is I haven't seen a link for the new Santa Anna!

If I don't see a link for the new Santa Anna soon, I may cut my own leg-off and bury it with full military honors!

P.S.
    I'll be doing-up a full custom set of diplomacy music for Santa Anna as well.
    Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 14, 2008 at 00:40.

Ekmek
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    @capo - post your dds for that when i did it it got all distorted. maybe i missed something. (leaving it blue it fine, i csn do the coloring

@wolf - with or without capo' dds I'llpost it monday. just some minor texture work to do.

The Capo
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    I used GIMP to make it. Why don't you send me YOUR dds and then I'll edit that. Its a simple cut and paste job, no need to make it complicated by recoloring the entire thing. And I'll even put it in correct position for you and everything and post it and you can tell me what you think. That will probably be easier for you actually.

Although if you want to try it yourself just search google images for Mexican Coat of Arms, find a png (so you don't have to cut it out or anything) make it small (I did 32x32) and flip it upside-down. Then paste it about 1/4th or 1/5th from the top of the sash and voila. But if you want me to do it that's fine, it'll take literally ten seconds. if that.
    Last edited by The Capo; December 14, 2008 at 02:43.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

phungus420
    Country
    This is phungus420's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    I tried to update WolfRevolution to the latest RevDCM, but it destroyed the interface using the patch method. This isn't a problem, it just means I have to build the next version from scratch. With your comments though, it sounds like the next version of Wolfshanze, 2.86, is coming soon. I'd rather not go through the work of merging from scratch a Wolfshanze 2.85 base build to update WolfRevolution to the current RevDCM version and release it on Sunday if Wolfshanze 2.86 comes out on Monday. So I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if 2.86 is a day or two away, or still at an unknown point yet.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    v2.86 is NOT a day or two away... but I doubt it's a month or two away either.

If I had to take a wild guess, maybe a week or two... give or take a week or two!

I really have no idea... I might be done soon, maybe not for a month... but probably sooner then later... the biggest hold-up is my testing of the new MG AI routine... which requires me to PLAY the game, which keeps getting delayed over my expectations due to an actual real-life. I can't release it minus my MG AI changes because implementing all the changes I want for v2.86 would cause me to "reset" a new game since it will not be save-game compatible (I'm currently in the middle of a game with everyone starting to get into the industrial age).

Of course if someone with no-life stepped forward and wanted to test the new AI routine, that would be great (I never know how anyone can start and finish a game in less then a week... always seems to take me a couple of months to play a single game!). Bottom line, I really want to see how the AI handles MGs with my new AI routine in a real-world situation... but that requires playtesting. The other changes I have for v2.86 are either already in, or "prepped" and mapped-out to put-in once I finish my current playtest game of the new MG AI.

So to make a long-story short (too late), v2.86 will be done when it's done, but I don't really have a firm grasp of when that will be due to my requirement to play-through the industrial age in my current game, and my play-time is up in the air with real-life (Christmas, Kids, Work, etc) thrown into the mix. My best guess is a week or two at this point... maybe a Christmas Present to the world?!?!?

Current list for v2.86 includes the following... note there's plenty of other changes that are ready to put-in at a moments notice (well-thought out and prepped) but aren't listed below yet because of save-game compatibility issues... such as some new techs and what-not (previously discussed):

New in v2.86
    Fixed the "lit match" effect on the German/Prussian Grenadier
    Fixed Cuirassier placement on F6 tech-tree for Hussar and Heavy Hussar UUs
    Changed Viking Empire to Scandinavian Empire
    Changed Aztec Empire to Mexican Empire
    Changed Viking Longboat main AI routine
    Changed Aztec/Mexican Flag to eagle grasping snake
    Changed Machine Gun AI routine* (note: status up in air until playtested)
    Added King George II of England
    Added King Philip II of Spain
    Added Cochise for Native America
    Added Logan for Native America
    Added Sejong for Korea
    Added Gustav Adolph for Scandinavia
    Added Santa Anna for Aztec/Mexico
    New/Custom Introduction Diplomacy Texts for all 23 new Leaders
    New/Custom Diplomacy music for Caligula (from movie soundtrack)
    New/Custom Battle Drums for Asian / Middle Eastern / Egyptian leaders
    New Asian ship unit buttons
    Tweaked Ironclad Gunboat pre-req techs

New models/skins for:
    Barbarian units now support multiple custom models
    American B-52
    Austrian Franz Josef (updated)
    Aztec/Mexican Musketman
    Aztec/Mexican Grenadier
    Aztec/Mexican Cuirassier
    Aztec/Mexican Cannon
    Aztec/Mexican Rifleman
    Aztec/Mexican MG
    Carthagenian Main Battle Tank
    French Cavalry
    Japanese Emperor Meiji (updated)
    Ottoman/Turk Main Battle Tank
    Spanish Rifleman
    Spanish Cavalry
    Spanish MG
    Viking Spearman
    Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 14, 2008 at 15:13.
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

ladiesman
    Settler
    Country
    This is ladiesman's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Priceless.

After the overwhelming response of "make them Aztecs that turn into Mexicans later on", you still made them Mexicans. Doesn't matter though, maybe even works for the better.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by ladiesman
    Priceless.

After the overwhelming response of "make them Aztecs that turn into Mexicans later on", you still made them Mexicans. Doesn't matter though, maybe even works for the better.
    Meh... They've been Aztecs all this time... I actually just changed that about ten minutes ago (I'm done with CFC anyways, so call this a fresh start). It is, after all, my mod. Thing is for me, in my mind I can call Aztecs Mexican (because Aztecs come from Mexico too), but I have a hard time calling modern Mexicans, Aztecs... go-figure...

Anyways, if calling Aztecs Mexicans bothers anyone that much, it's a VERY SIMPLE change in the CivilizationInfos.xml to go back to Aztecs.

ladiesman
    Settler
    Country
    This is ladiesman's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Wolfshanze

Meh... They've been Aztecs all this time... I actually just changed that about ten minutes ago (I'm done with CFC anyways, so call this a fresh start). It is, after all, my mod. Thing is for me, in my mind I can call Aztecs Mexican (because Aztecs come from Mexico too), but I have a hard time calling modern Mexicans, Aztecs... go-figure...
    It actually does make sense what you're saying....I personally don't really care what they're called. Just thought it was funny.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    The final kicker on the Aztec/Mexican thing is that until recently, I never had suitable unit models for industrial-age Mexicans... so I've been using "Aztecish" Industrial-age units through v2.85. Now with proper unit models and LHs, I can "justify" the change from Aztecs to Mexicans at the proper time-frame (ie: Musket age).

Also note, the v2.86 change list will be longer when it actually releases... some of the "best" stuff isn't listed yet because it will break save-game compatibility.
    Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 14, 2008 at 11:04.
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Ninja
    Country
    This is Ninja's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    15:45
    Hey Wolf

For testing purposes, if you use the Better AI's (and I believe you do) you should be able to press CTRL+SHIFT X, and have the AI play all civs for 50 turns in a matter of minutes. You can then "fast forward" to the industrial age to test the MG's. I know you probably still want to finish your game, though.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Well, I can't wait to get a proper Santa Anna...

tomppb
    Settler
    Country
    This is tomppb's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    The Mexican/Aztec deal is not a big one. I believe the Aztecs never called themselves Aztecs it was the Mexica or Nahua. Aztec was a European term. Of course so are all the other names But it really is simple to change the names (at least I think it is I have never cared enough to try )

Looking forward to 2.86. I'm glad the Spanish Cavalry is changing, I did not really care for the Mexican looking cavalry unit. One last request...can the French Cavalry unit go back to something that looks more like the Cuirassier? For one I think it is the sharpest looking cavalry unit and two the French really did historically wear the breast plates and horse hair topped helmets until WWI. Even today their honor guard cavalry unit still wears that uniform. I just hate seeing them go to that generic cavalry unit. So un French

Xeno426
    Country
    This is Xeno426's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    08:45
    Well Wolf, if you ever need additional changes to the core DLL file, you know who to contact.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by tomppb
    One last request...can the French Cavalry unit go back to something that looks more like the Cuirassier? For one I think it is the sharpest looking cavalry unit and two the French really did historically wear the breast plates and horse hair topped helmets until WWI. Even today their honor guard cavalry unit still wears that uniform. I just hate seeing them go to that generic cavalry unit. So un French
    I thought it was already there, so I double-checked and you're right... generic cavalry.

The artwork has been there all along, but I didn't have it enabled in XML.

It is now, so you'll see the artsy-fartsy French Cavalry with Rifles in v2.86... thanks for pointing that out... an over site easily corrected (once I realized it was a problem).

Originally posted by Xeno426
    Well Wolf, if you ever need additional changes to the core DLL file, you know who to contact.
    Maybe update the thing with the current version of Solver and Better AI... ???...

tomppb
    Settler
    Country
    This is tomppb's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    woo hoo thanks wolf, I love playing the Frenchies

Xeno426
    Country
    This is Xeno426's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    08:45
    Originally posted by Wolfshanze
    Maybe update the thing with the current version of Solver and Better AI... ???...
    Sure thing. If you would like, I could also incorporate the Super Spies mod.

Ekmek
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    I'm only releasing it here for Wolfshanze's mod. It'll be in 2.86
    Last edited by Ekmek; December 15, 2008 at 19:13.

The Capo
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Hey Wolfshanze, I just wanted to let you know that Bernie from CFC is making some Brazilian and Argentine units for my America's Module Pack. Here are some of the Argentine units...

He said he also has a cuirassier, which I assume will look like the Musketman but with a different hat. But I figure you might find a use for these as well. When I actually GET the units I'll post them here if you are interested. I figure you might be able to use them for the Inca or something, since Chilean/Peruvian and Argentine uniforms of the period look very similar (due to their Jose de San Martin connection I assume).

One Love.

The Capo
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    @ Ekmek/Wolfshanze; you don't mind if I use Santa Anna in my America's module pack do you? It probably won't be ready for another month, which should be a few weeks after the next version of this mod.

One Love.

Ekmek
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    I offered it wolfshanze as an exclusive, mainly because I agreed with him that it was wrong for civfanatics to close his mod. so its up to him. ou can of course download it and try and put the mexico crest on the sash

Dale
    Country
    This is Dale's Country Flag
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 2, 2014
    Local Time
    00:45
    Hey Capo, the guy bottom-right has a hellova hardon! Hope I don't need to ban ya for obscene artwork.

The Capo
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Dale
    Hey Capo, the guy bottom-right has a hellova hardon! Hope I don't need to ban ya for obscene artwork.
    That's odd Dale, I swear it wasn't there until YOU arrived.

Anyway, I added the coat of arms to the sash, can I use the LH now? (Obviously I've already downloaded it, but I won't use it [publicly] unless you give me permission)

One Love.

The Capo
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    I tried to upload it to Apolyton, but apparently one compressed tga file is too big to post. Jeez, so if you want it I'm going to need an e-mail addy or something like that. Or we can do it through CFC, so PM me there.

One Love.

The Capo
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Originally posted by Dale
    I'm surprised you weren't more disturbed by the "butt-plug" he is sporting.

One Love.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    I have downloaded Santa Anna Ekmek... thanks... Capo... if you want, you can upload just the DDS with the eagle, or you can e-mail it to me at Wolfshanze @ Cox dot Net.

P.S.
    I'm all about sharing... Capo, feel free to use him.

The Capo
    Country
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Its a tga file, which Poly wouldn't let me post. I will e-mail it to you, feel free to send it to Ekmek and whatever.

One Love.

Wolfshanze
    Thanks
    Local Date
    September 1, 2014
    Local Time
    Got it... thanks...

P.S.
    Changed the background back, since I'm already using the one Ekmek used for Phillip II, and it also kinda hid Santa's hair (and Santa Anna said his hair is so beautiful everyone should see it clearly).
    Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 15, 2008 at 19:23.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast