Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For what it's worth, the Khmer do have a lot of custom graphics!
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfshanze
      For what it's worth, the Khmer do have a lot of custom graphics!
      This is true, in fact I think they are covered in Ancient, Medieval and Renaissance, perhaps even modern!
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Capo
        This is true, in fact I think they are covered in Ancient, Medieval and Renaissance, perhaps even modern!
        I actually have them covered through modern, though most of their post-industrial modern graphics are generic asian.
        Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• Hey Wolfshanze, I was wondering what colors you were giving Mexico? Becuase I have a bicolor button for them if you want to use it.
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• As of this moment, Mexico is the default colors of Bright Green and Black... currently using that bicolor Mexican Eagle grasping a snake flag (and have no button other then default)... if you have a button, I'm all ears (or eyes).

Comment

As of this moment, Mexico is the default colors of Bright Green and Black... currently using that bicolor Mexican Eagle grasping a snake flag (and have no button other then default)... if you have a button, I'm all ears (or eyes).
              Well mine is green and white, but here it is if you want it. Its in jpg format though.
              Attached Files

One Love.

Comment

• That's fine Capo... I can use that.

Comment

• Merry Christmas all you Wolfshanze mod civers.

Comment

• Merrry Christmas all

Comment

• I'm just finishing up one of the most enjoyable games I've had in a while.

Ended up as Vietnam on an island continent. Just a tad bigger than "normal" early expansion size. So, I get to make a decision to early expansion OR take my time, max my research, and allow a neighbor to settle on MY ISLAND. I chose the former.

Next decision is to commit to military conquest or space. My Island is large enough to support a Space victory, so that's not a limiting factor. Anyway, after feeling a bit "behind" because of the early REX, I decide to consolidate.

So. Justinian gets the AP but is my 2nd neighbor. I spread his religion and build temples and monasteries to it everywhere. Meanwhile, I get 2 religions and establish shrines. Through spreading missionaries of Justinian's religion, I manage to get both religions establihed in the same city. That becomes my future Wall Street city with both shrines.

I fail to get the Wall but I begin a push for Privateers. This is what made it one of the most enjoyable games for me.

I got them very early, and built mabye 30 of them. (Normal size map.) Sent them out in groups of no less than 2, usually 3-4. Let the pwnage begin!

Many VP later, I had 7 warlords. Here's where it diverged from a "normal" game for me, which is one of the reasons I love Wolfshanze's mod. What's the value of Military Academies? Bleh. Ditto for Heroic Epic and other combos? I'm not focused on strong units or mass production of units. Instead, it's mass production of warlords and sea strength. So, I built Heroic in my biggest production city with the eventual intention of putting Red Cross there (plus Pentagon if I could get it). You might think Trafalgar (with Wolfshanze) which would be a strong play, but not this game. I was focused on land defense plus sea warlords.

So, I had tons of privateers which dominated quite early. Tons of warlords... about 8 by the time frigates appeared. Why is it Germany gets frigates soonest? Anyway, I pulled back and upgraded. Waited on people to DOW me. Sent my warlord privateers (upgraded to Protected Cruisers, Destroyers, etc.) out to dominate. Was a lot of fun.

Comment

• Glad you guys are having fun... Merry Christmas all... I've been taking a slight "break" over the holidays... spending time with the family and all...

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Comment

• Muhaha...

Comment

Muhaha...

break indeed
                            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• What do modders do in their spare time?

Why, they mod of course.

Comment

• Outsourced work (now completed)... I'm still "on break".

And who put "PC" by my name... I'm certainly NOT Politically Correct!

Comment

Working...
                                X