Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPO
    it came out pretty good. I'll get it went Wolf releases the next wolfshanze (since I already have a working model)

also apolyton requires that you have to zip or rar the file, then you can post it.

WOLF
    Ok, I'm taking the DL link down now. The way I see it, its your leaderhead now.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I think it would be so cool to have Super Spies in here too.

Comment

Originally posted by AArmada
        I think it would be so cool to have Super Spies in here too.
        WolfRevolution has super spies.

Comment

Im currently using Ninja's merged mod, ill look into yours though, thanks for the head up.

Comment

I was playing around with the worldbuilder just to see exactly what civs have what units for the hell of it. I noticed that there is some lack of variety in the modern-era.

There are alot of modern troops out there, I like alot of Zervers the best, but i'd like to see some of them pop up. I know you try to stay as historically accurate as possible but in the cases of some of the ancient empires you could use something that look close. (and i've just fallen in love with Zerver's modern Russian "Specna3" units)

One thing that bugged me is Austria.......honestly I think this is the Civ you have done the best job with. Their units are awesome. And then you hit the modern era, and they go back to vanilla units. That Marine kills me. In my game right now i'm at war with them and I can't help but think how awesome their Infantry looks......and now they're throwing Marines at me and i'm underwhelmed.

Also, I had thrown out ideas about changing the order of gunpowder units awhile ago. I wanted to see what you think about this now....i've always had an issue with the "Marine" unit. To me, it FEELS like "Modern Infantry", and seems like it should replace the Industrial age Infantry unit. Even if the name doesn't change or anything else, what about adding it into the upgrade tree? It just looks soooooo out of place to have the WW2-styled Infantry fighting alongside modern soldiers. In some cases it isn't as dramatic (the Russians for instance in your mod have similar looks), but sometimes it is QUITE a difference (the Austrain example again) I never got why it's not like that in the first place.

Of course I think your motorized infantry would fix this in a different way, but that's awhile off.

Comment

Here's the update for your mod, Wolf. I included the latest Unofficial patch and the Better BtS AI 0.45. If you want me to add SuperSpies, I'll get on it. Otherwise enjoy.

http://files.filefront.com/WolfDLLUpdaterar/;12674891;/fileinfo.html
              But if we don't kill nature, how do we build our houses?

Comment

From a bystander:thanks Xeno!

I don't have to decide between the improvements from the latest Better AI and the much more immersive game that can be had with Wolf's mod. I can be content with Wolf's mod as my default game again.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno426
                  Here's the update for your mod, Wolf. I included the latest Unofficial patch and the Better BtS AI 0.45. If you want me to add SuperSpies, I'll get on it. Otherwise enjoy.

http://files.filefront.com/WolfDLLUpdaterar/;12674891;/fileinfo.html
                  If we wanted to install that ourselves, is it safe to do so?

Comment

Thanks Xeno... changes incorporated into v2.86 (pending).
                    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• Thanks to everybody bringing stuff to the mod. I have no knowledge in this area at. You guys have saved Civ IV for me. Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by equineforecaster
                        If we wanted to install that ourselves, is it safe to do so?
                        The gamecore.dll can be used immediately... I think Xeno used the Wolfshanze Mod xml/python files to update to the new version, but to be safe, I just updated my own using Xeno's changes.

Mind-you, the "old" Wolfshanze Mod gamecore already included Solver's patch and the Better AI patch... these are simply slightly newer versions.

P.S.
                        I have narrowed Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna's three theme music era pieces down to four choices. I'm having a hard time choosing the final three... I like all-four, but need to ditch one of them... oh well...
                        Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 17, 2008, 00:06.
                        Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfshanze

P.S.
                          Changed the background back, since I'm already using the one Ekmek used for Phillip II, and it also kinda hid Santa's hair (and Santa Anna said his hair is so beautiful everyone should see it clearly).
                          who are you using for phillip II? I added isabella's crown to colonization's bolivar and posted it at cfc. i think in the venezuala civ thread
                          Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• Originally posted by E

who are you using for phillip II? I added isabella's crown to colonization's bolivar and posted it at cfc. i think in the venezuala civ thread
                            Colonization's Bolivar as-is... I did see your "Bolivar with Isabella's crown", but I'm not sure I'm going to use it. Philip II wasn't much for pompous things like crowns... in-fact, I'm not sure I can find a single picture of him wearing a crown, so I just took Colonization's Bolivar as-is (though I did use your modified Santa Anna background for Bolivar/Philip... ie: Bolivar's background with a drapery or whatever).

In-short, just because he's a king doesn't mean he needs a crown, so I'm going with Bolivar as-is unless somebody does a better Philip II.

P.S.
                            A background with a Spanish Galleon or something might be nice... he did send the Armada against Queen Elizabeth's England you know!
                            Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 17, 2008, 00:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfshanze

The gamecore.dll can be used immediately... I think Xeno used the Wolfshanze Mod xml/python files to update to the new version, but to be safe, I just updated my own using Xeno's changes.
                              Where there was conflict between the update and your original (2.85) XML/Python files, I merged the two.
                              But if we don't kill nature, how do we build our houses?

Comment

• Mind-you, the "old" Wolfshanze Mod gamecore already included Solver's patch and the Better AI patch... these are simply slightly newer versions.
                                The 0.45 Better AI is actually a pretty big leap. jdog did a lot of work it looks like on this one, I've only run through half a game so far in autoplay, and the AI is much, much better at warfare all around. There aparently was a bug affecting transports where they would get stuck trying to load, this getting fixed along with the fact the AI now rescues stranded units appears to be a huge improvement in AI invasions and colonizations. And I do mean huge based on what I am seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X