Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx guys I want to add the eagle but tried several ways to add the eagle but it kept getting distorted. I'll have to release one without until I figure away to add the eagle.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Here is my attempt (on Jose San Martin), its not in the right position, but I think it looks pretty decent, and would probably look much better on Santa Anna's sash. What do you think?
      Attached Files
      "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Hey there Wolf, really digging the mod (I can't remember the last time I played vanilla). Sorry to see the drama on the other board, but yours is the mod I play, so here I am. I just completed a full game playing Rome (my eyes are still burning in fact, got a Space Vic, yay me) and here are some thoughts/impressions.

The Ronin and Ninja really need to go. They've been bugging for a while, I fianlly figured it out. They're nice models and all but A) Neither Ronin nor Ninja really constitute significant military force (especially at the Civ level) one is a masterless and landless sell-sword and the other is an assasin. And B) considering both are contemporaries of the Samurai and here they are axeman and swordsman, they appear a 'bit' early. It really messes with with my head when my miles gregarii are fighting Nip chariots and Ninja. On the other hand, the Daimyo really fits, like a glove.

Love the bombard! That hole needed filling. Have you seen the other bombard out there, ripped from Empire Earth I believe?

Machine guns! Yes I think the AI at last uses MGs fairly well. Had a long WWI slug-fest with the Incans, complete with a static front and biplanes. I only broke the stalemate with early tanks (as it should be). The only thing is, I'm starting to think making them immune to collateral damage from seige engines was a bit much (I'm looking at you Firaxis). Even with massed artillery I couldn't seem to shift MGs much. I do plan to start running Wolf-Rev with Dale's ranged bombard so that might help, but still...

My battleships seem to loose to destroyers a bit too much. Not sure why, even if he had level 3 destroyers, a Battleship should still mop up a 'tin can'.

Perhaps ICBMs should be moved to Satellites AND Rocketry. That way Tac Nukes have an era of their own. Maybe add in Nuke Bombers (gotta be Peacemakers!) if we do that.

I hate this 'early x' nomenclature. How about Armored Track (early tank), Aerofighter (early fighter), Aerobomber (early bomber), and Aeroplane (early flyer)?

I think there is room for a generation of aircraft between WII and the late cold war 'high jet age' machines. The era ushered in by the Me 262 and closed by the F100 series.

I could live with two mounted unit tracks. One for shock effect cavalry going Horseman - Heavy Horseman - Knight - Cuirassier. And the other ranged-skirmisher going Horse Archer - Heavy Horse Archer - Pistoleer. Both would culminate in the Cavalry unit.

I'm not sure I've met a new CIV IV unit class that I haven't liked So I'm really looking foward to Motor. Inf.

Keep fighting the good fight Sir! And thanks for making CIV IV better.

Comment

CivisTexanus, thanks for the comments... I'll think about what you said... ponder a few things... etc...

Originally posted by E
          thx guys I want to add the eagle but tried several ways to add the eagle but it kept getting distorted. I'll have to release one without until I figure away to add the eagle.
          Ekmek... with or without Eagle... makes no difference to me... the only problem I have is I haven't seen a link for the new Santa Anna!

If I don't see a link for the new Santa Anna soon, I may cut my own leg-off and bury it with full military honors!

P.S.
          I'll be doing-up a full custom set of diplomacy music for Santa Anna as well.
          Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 14, 2008, 01:40.
          Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

@capo - post your dds for that when i did it it got all distorted. maybe i missed something. (leaving it blue it fine, i csn do the coloring

@wolf - with or without capo' dds I'llpost it monday. just some minor texture work to do.
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

I used GIMP to make it. Why don't you send me YOUR dds and then I'll edit that. Its a simple cut and paste job, no need to make it complicated by recoloring the entire thing. And I'll even put it in correct position for you and everything and post it and you can tell me what you think. That will probably be easier for you actually.

Although if you want to try it yourself just search google images for Mexican Coat of Arms, find a png (so you don't have to cut it out or anything) make it small (I did 32x32) and flip it upside-down. Then paste it about 1/4th or 1/5th from the top of the sash and voila. But if you want me to do it that's fine, it'll take literally ten seconds. if that.
              Last edited by The Capo; December 14, 2008, 03:43.
              "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

I tried to update WolfRevolution to the latest RevDCM, but it destroyed the interface using the patch method. This isn't a problem, it just means I have to build the next version from scratch. With your comments though, it sounds like the next version of Wolfshanze, 2.86, is coming soon. I'd rather not go through the work of merging from scratch a Wolfshanze 2.85 base build to update WolfRevolution to the current RevDCM version and release it on Sunday if Wolfshanze 2.86 comes out on Monday. So I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if 2.86 is a day or two away, or still at an unknown point yet.

Comment

v2.86 is NOT a day or two away... but I doubt it's a month or two away either.

If I had to take a wild guess, maybe a week or two... give or take a week or two!

I really have no idea... I might be done soon, maybe not for a month... but probably sooner then later... the biggest hold-up is my testing of the new MG AI routine... which requires me to PLAY the game, which keeps getting delayed over my expectations due to an actual real-life. I can't release it minus my MG AI changes because implementing all the changes I want for v2.86 would cause me to "reset" a new game since it will not be save-game compatible (I'm currently in the middle of a game with everyone starting to get into the industrial age).

Of course if someone with no-life stepped forward and wanted to test the new AI routine, that would be great (I never know how anyone can start and finish a game in less then a week... always seems to take me a couple of months to play a single game!). Bottom line, I really want to see how the AI handles MGs with my new AI routine in a real-world situation... but that requires playtesting. The other changes I have for v2.86 are either already in, or "prepped" and mapped-out to put-in once I finish my current playtest game of the new MG AI.

So to make a long-story short (too late), v2.86 will be done when it's done, but I don't really have a firm grasp of when that will be due to my requirement to play-through the industrial age in my current game, and my play-time is up in the air with real-life (Christmas, Kids, Work, etc) thrown into the mix. My best guess is a week or two at this point... maybe a Christmas Present to the world?!?!?

Current list for v2.86 includes the following... note there's plenty of other changes that are ready to put-in at a moments notice (well-thought out and prepped) but aren't listed below yet because of save-game compatibility issues... such as some new techs and what-not (previously discussed):

New in v2.86
                  Fixed the "lit match" effect on the German/Prussian Grenadier
                  Fixed Cuirassier placement on F6 tech-tree for Hussar and Heavy Hussar UUs
                  Changed Viking Empire to Scandinavian Empire
                  Changed Aztec Empire to Mexican Empire
                  Changed Viking Longboat main AI routine
                  Changed Aztec/Mexican Flag to eagle grasping snake
                  Changed Machine Gun AI routine* (note: status up in air until playtested)
                  Added King George II of England
                  Added King Philip II of Spain
                  Added Cochise for Native America
                  Added Logan for Native America
                  Added Sejong for Korea
                  Added Gustav Adolph for Scandinavia
                  Added Santa Anna for Aztec/Mexico
                  New/Custom Introduction Diplomacy Texts for all 23 new Leaders
                  New/Custom Diplomacy music for Caligula (from movie soundtrack)
                  New/Custom Battle Drums for Asian / Middle Eastern / Egyptian leaders
                  New Asian ship unit buttons
                  Tweaked Ironclad Gunboat pre-req techs

New models/skins for:
                  Barbarian units now support multiple custom models
                  American B-52
                  Austrian Franz Josef (updated)
                  Aztec/Mexican Musketman
                  Aztec/Mexican Grenadier
                  Aztec/Mexican Cuirassier
                  Aztec/Mexican Cannon
                  Aztec/Mexican Rifleman
                  Aztec/Mexican MG
                  Carthagenian Main Battle Tank
                  French Cavalry
                  Japanese Emperor Meiji (updated)
                  Ottoman/Turk Main Battle Tank
                  Spanish Rifleman
                  Spanish Cavalry
                  Spanish MG
                  Viking Spearman
                  Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 14, 2008, 16:13.
                  Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

Priceless.

After the overwhelming response of "make them Aztecs that turn into Mexicans later on", you still made them Mexicans. Doesn't matter though, maybe even works for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by ladiesman
                      Priceless.

After the overwhelming response of "make them Aztecs that turn into Mexicans later on", you still made them Mexicans. Doesn't matter though, maybe even works for the better.
                      Meh... They've been Aztecs all this time... I actually just changed that about ten minutes ago (I'm done with CFC anyways, so call this a fresh start). It is, after all, my mod. Thing is for me, in my mind I can call Aztecs Mexican (because Aztecs come from Mexico too), but I have a hard time calling modern Mexicans, Aztecs... go-figure...

Anyways, if calling Aztecs Mexicans bothers anyone that much, it's a VERY SIMPLE change in the CivilizationInfos.xml to go back to Aztecs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfshanze

Meh... They've been Aztecs all this time... I actually just changed that about ten minutes ago (I'm done with CFC anyways, so call this a fresh start). It is, after all, my mod. Thing is for me, in my mind I can call Aztecs Mexican (because Aztecs come from Mexico too), but I have a hard time calling modern Mexicans, Aztecs... go-figure...
                        It actually does make sense what you're saying....I personally don't really care what they're called. Just thought it was funny.

Comment

The final kicker on the Aztec/Mexican thing is that until recently, I never had suitable unit models for industrial-age Mexicans... so I've been using "Aztecish" Industrial-age units through v2.85. Now with proper unit models and LHs, I can "justify" the change from Aztecs to Mexicans at the proper time-frame (ie: Musket age).

Also note, the v2.86 change list will be longer when it actually releases... some of the "best" stuff isn't listed yet because it will break save-game compatibility.
                          Last edited by Wolfshanze; December 14, 2008, 12:04.

Comment

Hey Wolf

For testing purposes, if you use the Better AI's (and I believe you do) you should be able to press CTRL+SHIFT X, and have the AI play all civs for 50 turns in a matter of minutes. You can then "fast forward" to the industrial age to test the MG's. I know you probably still want to finish your game, though.

Comment

Well, I can't wait to get a proper Santa Anna...

Comment

The Mexican/Aztec deal is not a big one. I believe the Aztecs never called themselves Aztecs it was the Mexica or Nahua. Aztec was a European term. Of course so are all the other names But it really is simple to change the names (at least I think it is I have never cared enough to try )

Looking forward to 2.86. I'm glad the Spanish Cavalry is changing, I did not really care for the Mexican looking cavalry unit. One last request...can the French Cavalry unit go back to something that looks more like the Cuirassier? For one I think it is the sharpest looking cavalry unit and two the French really did historically wear the breast plates and horse hair topped helmets until WWI. Even today their honor guard cavalry unit still wears that uniform. I just hate seeing them go to that generic cavalry unit. So un French

Comment

Working...
                                X