Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale
    Wolf:

I've fixed up the alternate download link for you. Works fine now.
    Nope... still sending me to the main page of FileFront, not to the location specified... something is still wrong with the linking on this site for a specific FileFront page.
    Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

When you hover over the link in the first post, do you see a leading http:// apolyton.net/ go.php?

Because when I click on the link I go directly to your filefront page.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
        When you hover over the link in the first post, do you see a leading http:// apolyton.net/ go.php?
        If I hover over the link, it says what you said (apolyton.net/go) with my link following it... but if/when I click on it, I go to the MAIN Filefront page, not my specific Filefront page (like if the link was just www.filefront.com).
        Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

Okay thanks, just wanted to confirm if the go.php was there or not. Seems that is what the problem is. I'll report it back to the tech-heads.

Comment

im glad to see that you didn't abandon the project, if you look in the forum back at CFC, you'd see that i was working on a little project, i dont know if it will be of much use to you but it was more out of my curiosity anyway.

I took a map and put every civ in it and i have lined up every unit for every civ a-z (excluding missionaries, corp execs, and great people [but it does include GGs).

I started as just wanting to see the different units but then i figured i'd post it somewhere so other people can see it and maybe you could ude it for screenshots if you need anymore.

Great mod. Thanks

Comment

FWIW the link works for me. Goes to the Wolfshanze subpage on filefront.

Likely this is browser dependent code you're using Dale. Wolfshanze, what browser do you have?

Comment

Works both on Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.04 at my end.

Comment

Yeah Gramphos fixed the php code after my last update.

Comment

Okay... now it's working... thanks!

Comment

Figured that was it. I have my browser coding down pat these days. You guys probably don't care, but my most recent project was www.2010censusjobs.gov. Has to work for you, your brother, your mom, and your grandmother.

Comment

Very glad to see you're still at it Wolf. Thanks for the enhancement to BtS, and for providing me with an awesome base mod to merge with RevolutionDCM.

Comment

Wolf....a couple of things to carry over from the old thread.

You mentioned to give suggestions for leaderheads for the next update. How about Ekmek's El Cid. Isabella just gets old after awhile. I like having Spain in my games but i'm tired of just seeing her mug all the time. Also, I said it before i'd like a Saddam Hussein too....he's gotta be out there. I guess for Persia? I'd like to see....when possible....at least an ancient and a more modern LH. For a more modern civ obviously it doesn't work, but for an ancient civ I personally don't mind a more recent leader from a nation that took over it's area (like you did for Rome with Mussolini...works perfect)

I'm also still on the native america thing......I don't want to open the whole can of worms, I know you won't change the name. But I was playing as them recently and noticed that their cities have horrible names. How do you feel about naming the cities after different tribes.....which even keeps it a bit more realistic in some ways. Since the native americans were nomadoic, the cities would more represent the tribes themselves, and the buildings/wonder the accomplishments of that tribe in their area? I know some of the barbarians have native american names but that can't be that hard to modify. It's a stupid, minor thing but the small touches can sometimes make the game.

Also, I have a question. Did you anything to influence what civs populate when random is selected in a custom game? I play with 20 civs and I leave them all random except for me.......and yet, I play with just about the same civs every time. Rome, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, and Austria show up every single time. Likewise, I never see Sumeria, Babylon, Aztecs, or Portugal. Is this just some weird coincidence I always seem to get?!

Comment

Great to see you wolf, I registered here just because of your mod! Is 2.86 still in the works?? And Saddam would be an Arab for sure not a persian!

Comment

I was gonna say that at first but I thought at some point someone said the exact opposite. But looking into it......yeah Arab. Well that makes it even better....Arabia needs another LH anyway!

Comment

yes they do, Saddam could be aggressive and exapanisonist.

Comment

Working...
                                X