I feel left behind with all the versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel left behind with all the versions

I never went further than 2.42. What should I do now?

Who cares...but I can tell you where to go.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Candle bre is kids playing fort.

Comment

Give up and retire. Or get Civ4 3.17.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
          Candle bre is kids playing fort.
          and tco is the sad pathetic loser kid with no friends looking in.
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
            and tco is the sad pathetic loser kid with no friends looking in.
            Who's rattled your cage Hex? Don't think I ever read a harsh word posted by you before!
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

Get Civ III: Gold Edition. Best game ever.

Comment

When they chenged civ from an economics and civilization game to yet-another-4x-game with dumbed-down trade I lost interest. I have CIV somewhere, but it won't run on my graphics card and I haven't bothered to upgrade.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I've just skimmed through an archived thread http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...e-dying./page2 (and page1) - the "Similar threads" list led me there.

Some dire predictions about the imminent death of civ-type games, as Civ3 was under development.

Fortunately the pessimists (who seemed to be easily bored people) were rather wrong, with Civ3, Civ4, and Civ5, the recent arrival of the MMOG CivWorld, and the continued impressive development of the free games Freeciv and C-evo and the slightly related FreeCol. Anyone "left behind with all the versions" will just have to harden up, because the genre is not appreciably slowing up!
                  [Mr] Robin F Patterson

Comment

Isn't CivWorld that Facebook abomination where you control one city? Does it let you pester your friends to help you build your phalanx, the way Farmville lets you bug them to work your crops?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow View Post
                      When they chenged civ from an economics and civilization game to yet-another-4x-game with dumbed-down trade I lost interest. I have CIV somewhere, but it won't run on my graphics card and I haven't bothered to upgrade.
                      What are you talking about? Trade was never complex in Civ.

Comment

I think you can get civ4 3.17.

Comment

Working...
                        X