Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Real Star Trek Trailer (JJ Abrams' new version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Real Star Trek Trailer (JJ Abrams' new version)

Special effects look good. Still unsure on casting.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I like Simon Pegg, Zacharzy Quinto is a splitting image of Spock, and John Cho is cute.

I'm not sure how I feel about the movie, but I'm guardedly optimistic.
    B♭3

Comment

yeah...

Comment

Kirk looks too young to be a Captain. Maybe they have better moisturizers in the future, that make a 31 year old look like he's 19. Then again, I still looked like a kid until recently.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Catchy music. The movie will suck though, naturally.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Saw the commercial monday night during terminator.
            Looked decent. I hope its a total redo like they did for the batman series just so I can listen to the trekies whine about all the things wrong with it. As long as it's entertaining, I could give a crap how consistent it is with an imaginary universe.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sylar as Spock

Comment

They showed the same ship getting blowed up twice, though, the Kelvin.

The one thing that irks me is that it isn't clear whether this is a reboot or not--I'm hoping it is, because yes, everyone looks young, but also, there's supposed to be a Pike and an April in charge of the Enterprise before Kirk.

I would be amenable to a reboot of the franchise.
                B♭3

Comment

spock casting
                  kirk casting
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Reboot
                    Trying to cram even more stuff into the wtfbroken Star Trek continuity

Comment

Well, it's time for a reboot.

Voyager (S5+) and Enterprise : Star Trek :: Batman and Robin : Batman :: Herbert's son's repeated raping of the Dune series : Dune
                      B♭3

Comment

this is for rah:
                        ok, was that a gigantic monster with an enormous mouth that i just saw? since when does star trek has monsters like that?

Comment

The original series had all sorts of monsters. Of course, due to budget constrainsts they were a tad more subtle.

I remember reading that they only had the money to actually leave the enterprise only every other episode.
                          And think of a lot of those episodes that when they did beam down to the planet and it was just a rock. High budget.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

it's a "re-introduction", not a "reboot"...
                            whatever that means

Comment

I'd rather a reboot at this point, honestly.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X