Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also been beaten by TheBirdMan recently. Hmmph.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik
      I've also been beaten by TheBirdMan recently. Hmmph.
      Was it a challenge match, Ricketyclik?

Originally posted by thehappies
      I've never actually done the duel-duel thing, and I'm not sure I get what they are suggesting....
      "Rule 8. The Dual-Duel format makes for a fair game. It completely equalizes the starting positions -- Two
      games started simultaneously on the same randomized map with starting positions swapped. First one to win a game wins the match. Use this format if you wish. If you do use this dual-duel format, it is recommended that you do NOT use the 4XPG (mentioned in note 7 above), victory condition because one civilization may have a much better starting position."

I know this is confusing. (My writing skills aren't the best. ) I have completed two of these types of matches: one with Paulno1 and one with berXpert. (I lost them both -- though the one with Paul was very close -- he captured my last Orange city only ONE turn before I was going to capture his last Orange city) The reason for this dual-duel format is that it COMPLETELY eliminates the talk about "my land is/was bad" that I'm sure most of you have heard many, many times if you've played any of the Civ series. The idea is that two games are started with exactly the same random map with each player playing both blue and orange (or whatever color) in different games. The one who wins FIRST wins the match.
      Last edited by quinns; November 20, 2008, 18:20.

Comment

New challenge matches started:

183. hornedfrog vs quinns; Started Nov 2008
        184. Maquiladora vs thehappies; Started Nov 2008
        185. quinns vs TheBirdMan; Started Nov 2008

Comment

Originally posted by thehappies
          Turn 0 sent (from me--the happy chinese) to Maquiladora of the Mexicans! Two AI civs--I think they were vikings and . . . maybe Americans. We used the PBEM mod. As far as I'm concerned, nukes and wonders are on the table unless you'd rather not.

I also sent a little spam off to some of the old boys from the previous challenge ladder. We'll see if any of them respond. What about Vissario and Idestroy? I don't have their emails. But it looks like the were active recently.

A couple last updates, I beat ricketyclick in a game that ended a while back on turn 102 (posted on the previous ladder). So that should put rickety on the active list (and give me another in the win column). Also, dancemasseuse recently beat birdman, so that should put him on the active ladder too (and knock Birdman off of the #1 spot!).
          Were both of these matches challenge matches, happies? If so, then I'll post yours on the ladder (happies vs rickety) but either BirdMan or Dancemas has to post that result here in this thread in order for that game to be posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

hmm..I guess I could have a game or two if somone wants a go

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'll play you Gramps. Do you want to set it up? Any settings are okay.

Comment

Originally posted by quinns
                I'll play you Gramps. Do you want to set it up? Any settings are okay.
                I need some refreshing

I guess I save to the desktop

(rename it as .csg)

send you the file

Umm, This duel-duel, exactly how does one start it?

Thanks

GT

Comment

ok, I got emails on this and I am still alive and wanting to play anyone. I really don't care about most settings, but I want the game to go faster. So I do want the quick start, 3 settler. or if anyone has those 5 & 10 settlers that would be great too. I also want max goods. So I don't think I am asking too much. Pretty open to negotiating any settings.

Even willing to play the 2 civs each, type of game. A big reason I like this one is I think it even up the game. If one player gets a better start, then with 2 civs each the other civ might balance it out.

I am rather busy and bad about posting, so I do not always see any responses to this in a timely manner. My email is open to anyone, yosemiteken at aol dotcom

Ken/dancemasseuse
                  Last edited by Martin Gühmann; November 21, 2008, 21:48.

Comment

Originally posted by dancemasseuse
                    ok, I got emails on this and I am still alive and wanting to play anyone. I really don't care about most settings, but I want the game to go faster. So I do want the quick start, 3 settler. or if anyone has those 5 & 10 settlers that would be great too. I also want max goods. So I don't think I am asking too much. Pretty open to negotiating any settings.

Even willing to play the 2 civs each, type of game. A big reason I like this one is I think it even up the game. If one player gets a better start, then with 2 civs each the other civ might balance it out.

I am rather busy and bad about posting, so I do not always see any responses to this in a timely manner. My email is open to anyone, yosemiteken at aol dotcom Ken/dancemasseuse
                    Sent an email to you!

GT
                    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; November 21, 2008, 21:49.

Comment

How about we play a standard game, Grandpa? I can set it up if you like..

Map size: Huge -- Randomized
                      Difficulty: Emperor
                      Barbarians: Ruins Only
                      Ruins: Off Limits
                      Wonders: No Wonders Allowed
                      Earth World
                      Bloodlust Off
                      Pollution On
                      Number of Civilizations: 4
                      (2 Human Players, 2 Computer Players)
                      Map:
                      Wet/Dry 20%
                      Warm/Cold 20%
                      Ocean/Land 50%
                      Island/Continent 50%
                      Uniform/Diverse 50%
                      Few/Many Goods 50%
                      One Settler (default)
                      100 Gold (default)

Comment

Were both of these matches challenge matches, happies? If so, then I'll post yours on the ladder (happies vs rickety) but either BirdMan or Dancemas has to post that result here in this thread in order for that game to be posted.
                        Yes, they were both challenge matches. The last several challenge matches that were issued and/or finished where never added to the initial post that lists all the games in progress and stuff. If you look through the last 4 or 5 pages of the old thread you will see it all. Not like I really wish it upon anyone to have to read through all our old trash talk . . . If people don't bring up the old matches, we can just ignore them and move on.

Comment

Okay. I think I've got the ladder right now based upon posts to the prior challenge ladder thread. Please check and either confirm or correct. Thanks.

Dancemasseuse takes over the lead. Congrats!

Comment

Johnzim emailed me back and said he doesn't plan on playing CtP again. So you can take him off the ladder. Thanks for heading up the CtP 'revival' Quinns.

Comment

You're most welcome Happies! Johnzim removed. Now kindly remove your giant Scottish submarine fleet from my peaceful Irish waters.

Comment

How about we play a standard game, Grandpa? I can set it up if you like..

Map size: Huge -- Randomized
                                Difficulty: Emperor
                                Barbarians: Ruins Only
                                Ruins: Off Limits
                                Wonders: No Wonders Allowed
                                Earth World
                                Bloodlust Off
                                Pollution On
                                Number of Civilizations: 4
                                (2 Human Players, 2 Computer Players)
                                Map:
                                Wet/Dry 20%