Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 755

Thread: CTP Challenge Ladder -- February 2011

  1. #391
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Quote Originally Posted by ricketyclik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ticking along...
    Great! How are things in the Great Southern Land?

  2. #392
    HornedFrog
    Warlord
    Join Date
    19 Jul 2004
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    243
    Country
    This is HornedFrog's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    12:47
    Game Results
    Lost game 194 to Yosemite Ken in 83 moves on 12/9.
    Lost game 197 to Euaich in 103 moves on 12/10.
    Lost game 226 to the Happies in 122 moves on 12/10.
    New Games(Rematches)
    Started on 12/10 with the Happies
    Started on 12/12 with Euaich

  3. #393
    ricketyclik
    Emperor ricketyclik's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2002
    Location
    Great Southern Land
    Posts
    9,152
    Country
    This is ricketyclik's Country Flag
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    22:47
    Quote Originally Posted by quinns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great! How are things in the Great Southern Land?

    Great! We've just had 3 months of employment growth, so it looks like our unemployment peaked at less than 6% during this GFC (touch wood!).

    We've had troughs higher than that on previous cycles.

    Meanwhile, I'm about to take a year off work to go and do a Dip Ed, in order to make a career change into high school teaching. Water resources engineering has lost its allure for me. A big pay cut, but hey, there's more to life than money, right?
    I think I think, therefore I might be. Paraphrased from Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

  4. #394
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Quote Originally Posted by ricketyclik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great! We've just had 3 months of employment growth, so it looks like our unemployment peaked at less than 6% during this GFC (touch wood!).

    We've had troughs higher than that on previous cycles.

    Meanwhile, I'm about to take a year off work to go and do a Dip Ed, in order to make a career change into high school teaching. Water resources engineering has lost its allure for me. A big pay cut, but hey, there's more to life than money, right?
    You say "touch wood" ... we say "knock on wood" it's a strange world we live in! A good friend of mine in New York did exactly the same thing. That is, was in water resources (engineer for Environmental Protection Agency for New York State -- Water) and decided to teach high school instead while taking a big pay cut. He is happier now but with all these cuts coming down in education.... Hopefully he'll keep his job... Knock on wood! Best of fortune to you in your new career!

  5. #395
    ricketyclik
    Emperor ricketyclik's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2002
    Location
    Great Southern Land
    Posts
    9,152
    Country
    This is ricketyclik's Country Flag
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    22:47
    Quote Originally Posted by quinns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say "touch wood" ... we say "knock on wood" it's a strange world we live in!

    We say that too. They're interchangeable here. But Kiwis, Aussies, Brits and Canadians seem to like understatement more than Yankees. But I love you guys, you're so up front compared with us. I'm off to visit my wife's relatives in LA and San Fran in a few months.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...but with all these cuts coming down in education...

    That's no way to grow an economy

    Quote Originally Posted by quinns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best of fortune to you in your new career!

    You say that now, but wait until I unleash my secret army of brainwashed students
    I think I think, therefore I might be. Paraphrased from Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

  6. #396
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Quote Originally Posted by ricketyclik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We say that too. They're interchangeable here. But Kiwis, Aussies, Brits and Canadians seem to like understatement more than Yankees. But I love you guys, you're so up front compared with us. I'm off to visit my wife's relatives in LA and San Fran in a few months.
    That's no way to grow an economy
    You say that now, but wait until I unleash my secret army of brainwashed students
    Yeah, we love you guys too! Stop by Valencia, CA (just north of LA) when you're here and we'll have a beer or two. You're right, cutting education is no way to grow the economy ... ummm ... what economy?

    Well, it's no longer a secret and, as soon as we finish our beer, you're headed to Guantanamo pal

  7. #397
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Quote Originally Posted by HornedFrog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game Results
    Lost game 194 to Yosemite Ken in 83 moves on 12/9.
    Lost game 197 to Euaich in 103 moves on 12/10.
    Lost game 226 to the Happies in 122 moves on 12/10.
    New Games(Rematches)
    Started on 12/10 with the Happies
    Started on 12/12 with Euaich
    Thanks Horned Frog -- Ladder updated.

    Congrats to dancemas, Cuaich, and happies! Cuaich takes over the number 6 position!!

  8. #398
    Cuaich
    Prince Cuaich's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Mar 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    717
    Country
    This is Cuaich's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    07:47
    Woo Hoo...moving on up to the Top Ten!



    Happy Holidays to everyone...wherever and however (and even if you don't) celebrate the Season, may you have peace and prosperity around you.

    All the Best for 2010.

    Oh, and thanks to Quinns the Mighty Keeper of the Ladder!
    Last edited by Cuaich; December 22, 2009 at 01:51.

  9. #399
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuaich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woo Hoo...moving on up to the Top Ten!



    Happy Holidays to everyone...wherever and however (and even if you don't) celebrate the Season, may you have peace and prosperity around you.

    All the Best for 2010.

    Oh, and thanks to Quinns the Mighty Keeper of the Ladder!
    And Seasons Greetings to you too Cuaich! How is everything in the Great Northern Land ?

  10. #400
    ricketyclik
    Emperor ricketyclik's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2002
    Location
    Great Southern Land
    Posts
    9,152
    Country
    This is ricketyclik's Country Flag
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    22:47
    Holidays! Family! Good times!
    I think I think, therefore I might be. Paraphrased from Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

  11. #401
    dancemasseuse
    Prince
    Join Date
    22 Jul 2002
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    932
    Country
    This is dancemasseuse's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    06:47
    I am looking for 2 games to start with someone. That way about the time the ones I am playing now are finishing up these will be at about the same point. That way I always have a few hot games going.

    Anyone want to please let me know. I prefer the 2 civs each with AI's, but willing to play without them; or I will play the Dual-duel. just tell me. Dance

  12. #402
    TheBirdMan
    Emperor TheBirdMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Sep 1999
    Location
    A real Master of CTP-PBEM - together with all the others.....
    Posts
    6,305
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    12:47
    A little late to wish a merry Xmas - but a HAPPY NEW YEAR then.

    So I better do it now - then I will not be to late again
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

    Gandhi

  13. #403
    thehappies
    Prince
    Join Date
    03 Aug 2004
    Posts
    513
    Country
    This is thehappies's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    12:47
    Ooh, I'm the first one to post on this thread in 2010. Hooray for me and happy new year to you!

    Here are some updates: Finally resigned in an epic game against Cuaich (match #181 on the list). Not much to say there except that he spanked me. I think I only ever took one or two of his cities and only managed to hold them a few turns. Not a game to be proud of. Hats off to you Cuaich.

    Also, this one never got posted on the list:
    In a dramatic bid for the first place spot on the ladder:
    Dancemasseuse vs. thehappies-- started Sept 29, 2009

    I want to make sure this one get's registered, because it's going good so far and I might actually have a shot. Though I'm sure dancemasseuse has some pretty good tricks up his sleeve that I'll be sorry to see.

    And my old match against Tatsuo can be pulled (#209), I haven't heard from him in ages.

  14. #404
    Keygen
    ACS Staff Member / Hosted Site Admin
    Join Date
    09 Jan 2000
    Posts
    7,528
    Country
    This is Keygen's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    15:47
    Happy new year all!

  15. #405
    Grandpa Troll
    Immortal Factotum Grandpa Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Jul 2000
    Location
    Enforcing the Law of Reason/Restraint
    Posts
    41,039
    Country
    This is Grandpa Troll's Country Flag
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    08:47
    Same to you Keygen and all other regulars and visitors

    Grandpa Troll

  16. #406
    Martin Gühmann
    Administrator Martin Gühmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Mar 2001
    Location
    Tübingen, Germany
    Posts
    7,254
    Country
    This is Martin Gühmann's Country Flag
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    13:47

    Smile

    And a happy new year from me, too.

    -Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

  17. #407
    Cuaich
    Prince Cuaich's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Mar 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    717
    Country
    This is Cuaich's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    07:47
    Quote Originally Posted by thehappies View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ooh, I'm the first one to post on this thread in 2010. Hooray for me and happy new year to you!

    Here are some updates: Finally resigned in an epic game against Cuaich (match #181 on the list). Not much to say there except that he spanked me. I think I only ever took one or two of his cities and only managed to hold them a few turns. Not a game to be proud of. Hats off to you Cuaich.
    Thanks for the game Happies...I'm sure our inevitable rematch will be a much closer competition.

    Happy New Year to you all...Quinns, the Great White North is rather white, but otherwise all is grand here!

    Cheers

  18. #408
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Ladder updated from above "thehappies" report. Congrats to Cuaich!

  19. #409
    Cuaich
    Prince Cuaich's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Mar 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    717
    Country
    This is Cuaich's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    07:47
    Thank you very much!


  20. #410
    Cuaich
    Prince Cuaich's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Mar 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    717
    Country
    This is Cuaich's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    07:47
    Whattya think Quinns...have you time to take on a Challenge? I can see you lurking there up above me on the Ladder!


  21. #411
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Sure Cuaich! I have a slot open when I finish my game with DanceMasseuse, but I had promised the next game to either TheHappies or HornedFrog (or somebody else that I can't remember now) after I finished that game. If they don't respond here in a week or so stating that they want to play, then we can start it up. Sorry I can't play more than one or two games at a time. I just don't have the free time to do more than that.

  22. #412
    Cuaich
    Prince Cuaich's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Mar 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    717
    Country
    This is Cuaich's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    07:47
    Fair enough Quinns. I look forward to the challenge, whenever it fits into the schedule.

    If I get too crazy at work and forget to check here, my game addy is

    brucemacdonald1 (that's the number one) AT aol DOT com

    See you on the battlefield...

  23. #413
    thehappies
    Prince
    Join Date
    03 Aug 2004
    Posts
    513
    Country
    This is thehappies's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    12:47
    Cuaich can go before me on the list waiting for a shot at Quinns. I need to wind down my number of games as spring gets closer anyway. But I do want a shot again sometime since Quinns killed pretty handily last time we played. Be warned Cuaich . . . watch out for those knights if he attacks you early on. He danced right around my piles of phalanxes and pikemen.

  24. #414
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Alright Cuaich -- How about whatever settings you like as long as it is a dual duel? Does that sound fair?

  25. #415
    thehappies
    Prince
    Join Date
    03 Aug 2004
    Posts
    513
    Country
    This is thehappies's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    12:47
    Game #229--thehappies def. horned frog at turn 123. We played two civs each and he nearly killed off one of my civs before I had a rousing come back. Horned frog only gets more dangerous each time we play . . .

    Re-match already in progress.

  26. #416
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    229. thehappies def HornedFrog; Started Dec 2009; Finished Feb 2010; Turns 123
    232. thehappies vs HornedFrog; Started Feb 2010

    Congratulations go out to thehappies! HornedFrog rapidly picked up the strategic and tactical concepts of Call to Power. He has quickly become a formidable opponent.

  27. #417
    ricketyclik
    Emperor ricketyclik's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2002
    Location
    Great Southern Land
    Posts
    9,152
    Country
    This is ricketyclik's Country Flag
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    22:47
    Horned Frog has defeated me convincingly again at turn 148 in a dual duel. His tanks were just too much for my puny cavalry/pikemen/cannons.

    Well done HF, looking forward to another.
    I think I think, therefore I might be. Paraphrased from Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

  28. #418
    ricketyclik
    Emperor ricketyclik's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Feb 2002
    Location
    Great Southern Land
    Posts
    9,152
    Country
    This is ricketyclik's Country Flag
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    22:47
    Started my Grad Dip Ed this week - already I'm accumulating excellent strategies for manipulating my own kids
    I think I think, therefore I might be. Paraphrased from Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)

  29. #419
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    Quote Originally Posted by ricketyclik View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Started my Grad Dip Ed this week - already I'm accumulating excellent strategies for manipulating my own kids
    University teachers...

  30. #420
    quinns
    Emperor quinns's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,635
    Country
    This is quinns's Country Flag
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Local Date
    July 25, 2014
    Local Time
    05:47
    224. hornedfrog def Ricketyclik; Started Sep 2009; Finished Feb 2010; Turns 148

    Congrats HF!

    Did you start another?

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 5 - February 2011]
    By Robert Plomp in forum Civilization IV Multiplaying
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: February 28, 2011, 19:16
  2. CTP2 Challenge Ladder
    By quinns in forum Call to Power 2
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 22, 2010, 17:50
  3. CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder - February 2005+
    By Mathemagician in forum Call to Power 1
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: January 15, 2007, 23:56
  4. CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder -- Feb 2004
    By quinns in forum Call to Power 1
    Replies: 893
    Last Post: August 17, 2004, 15:38
  5. CTP PBEM Challenge Ladder -- May 2003
    By TheBirdMan in forum CtP-Multiplaying-Archive
    Replies: 627
    Last Post: February 5, 2004, 16:00

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions