Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Advanced Start PBEM?

Hi All,

I'm looking to startup a second advanced start PBEM as the first ("Middleton's Advance") has been a huge success (bar AndyDog's complete dominance! ).

I'm therefore looking for about 4-6 players inc. myself to play a game with the following settings:

Random Standard Map with standard settings using Fractal script
    Human players - no AI, no teams - player-chosen Civs
    Victory Conditions - Time, Conquest, Domination, Cultural, Space Race, Diplomatic
    Normal Speed, Normal difficulty
    Advanced Start of 4000 gold
    Normal Barbarians, No Vassal States
    NFL draft style selection of Civs - first come, first served basis (I will, of course, be the last to pick)
    Gameplay order determined by geography - 'chasing the sun'
    BTS v3.17

I am open to suggestions though if there is a consensus on changing any of the above game parameters.

The only commitment required is the ability to clear about 5 turns (at least) per week. With 4 players in the first PBEM game, we are generally clearing at least 7 turns a week which makes for a good involved game.

I look forward to hearing from you. Everyone is welcome irrespective of Civability!

Cheers,

Jid

Here. First.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Here. Second.

Comment

Cool. That's 3.

Anyone else interested?

Comment

Hmmm, not much interest it seems.

Wittlich/Beta - any thoughts about whether we should play a game with just the 3 of us?

Comment

Here 4.

Maybe the invitation should be in the main Civ 4, I would have missed this except I popped by.

btw JD, there's a vacant replacement spot in advanced start Cat and Mouse, replacing EPW. It is still early days and there is no Andydog.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks, Hercules.

I've posted a thread on the main Civ4 MP forum asking for one or two more players.

I propose that we give that thread a week and then we start the game on the 8th Dec with the four of us at the very least and ideally with another 2 players.

Hercules - I'll play the cat and mouse game. I've responded to the thread. Let me know the details.

Cheers,

Jid

Comment

Great! Thanks jid! Welcome to Cat and Mouse.

And hello Herc!
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

As a note to all: Tomorrow morning I am leaving for Honolulu for a few days. I will back home again on the evening of December 8th (next Monday night).
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Hello

Can I play with you?
                    I have experience with the game. I started with SMAC and now Civ 4.
                    I am a newbie on multiplayer and advanced start, but I am very interested on both.
                    Do you know if there is any guide for advanced start? I can not find it.
                    To compensate I can play every day, and more than a turn.
                    No problem if you prefer another player.

Comment

Originally posted by Diatsub
                      Hello

Can I play with you?
                      I have experience with the game. I started with SMAC and now Civ 4.
                      I am a newbie on multiplayer and advanced start, but I am very interested on both.
                      Do you know if there is any guide for advanced start? I can not find it.
                      To compensate I can play every day, and more than a turn.
                      No problem if you prefer another player.
                      Hii Diatsub,

Yes, you can play with us and more, but I think we have this Cat and Mouse Pbem game back on the rails.

Post in the forum about a starting new game and see who responds.

In the meantime get yourself up to date on the difference, pluses and minuses, between Pbem and Pitboss, especially the time commitment .
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Sorry, I thought that you need 2 more players

Comment

Hi Diatsub,

We do need 2 more players! I think Hercules was getting confused with another game.

Welcome aboard!

This will be PBEM. It isn't that much different to the normal game apart from the fact that diplomacy between players can cover several turns for a given dialogue/transaction.

Advance start is easy. Just go to custom game in single game menu. Set the advance gold level to 4000 and then just practice with the options. Any gold that you don't spend gets taken forward into the game. Therefore, you could do very little and take 3600 gold into the start of the game. I wouldn't recommend it though.

NB: To buy more techs click on the lab flask. This will bring up the tech tree listing. Buy each tech that you want in sequence. The cost in gold is shown in the bottom left.

Regards,

Jid

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm going to wait until Wittlich returns to setup the game. Therefore, the game will be started Dec 9th at the latest.

I need to know the following from all players:

Civ pick (if you pick first then one leaders name is enough, second then I need two, third then I need three etc).
                            Your location (this allows me to set the playing order to maximise the amount of turns we can play).

The pick order is:

1st pick: Beta
                            2nd Pick: Wittlich
                            3rd Pick: Hercules
                            4th Pick: Diatsub
                            5th Pick: Either me or another player if they register they're interest before Dec 9th.

Cheers,

Jid

Comment

My leaders: Darius, Hannibal, Hammurabi, Ragnar.
                              GMT +1 (17.00-21.00)

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X