What's the key to your pizza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the key to your pizza?

I went out to dinner at a pizza place last night with some friends, and this topic came up for discussion, but no conclusion was reached. So, denizens of Poly, I pose to you the following:

You're getting ready to dig into a piping hot pizza fresh from the oven, but what part of it are you looking forward to the most? What's that key part of the pizza that can either make or break your pizza experience?

For me, it's definitely the cheese. It has to have the right consistency; it can't be too chewy. And the more of it the better... I hate places that are skimpy with the cheese. And it has to have enough flavor to taste, but not so much as to drown out the other flavors. But maybe I'm just too darned picky.
    The Dough.
    0%
    The Sauce.
    0%
    The Cheese.
    0%
    The Toppings.
    0%
    The Size.
    0%
    The Bananas... err, The Other Things.
    0%

Cheese has to be toasted, and the sauce needs to have enough seasoning. The crust should be foldable, not crisp.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Im a more of a toppings guy

Since 1976 when I was in the U S Army, I have loved Dominoes, never had Pizza delivered before then, we came from back in the woods.

But last several years, I really have enjoyed Pizza Hut Meat Lovers Pizza

I do agree with you Jonny, cheese is important, as is the right sauce, love a nice thick n rich marianara sauce ..not so uch thick crust but certainly not thin crust

Oh and size does matter, 48" pizza is perfect
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I don't think I've had a pizza since 2003, at least.

Comment

I would have to say the crust. Pizza Hut is my favourite pizza because of the crust.
          "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            Cheese has to be toasted, and the sauce needs to have enough seasoning. The crust should be foldable, not crisp.
            What he said, but I voted for sauce.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

The sauce, followed closely by the crust.

Pizza Hut is my favourite pizza because of the crust.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                The sauce, followed closely by the crust.

Pizza Hut is my favourite pizza because of the crust.

People seem to either love Pizza Hut, or hate Pizza Hut. At least that's my experience.

Pizza Hut
                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

I called Pizza Hut and asked for "a cheese pie with extra Oregano please" Their reply? "What's Oregano?" I **** you not. So I said, "its one of the spices used in the making of pizza." "Oh, we use flavor crystals". "Okthanksbye"

That was the last time I've used Pizza Hut here in the US. Had a few in the Phils where the options are few...

You can get a better pie out of a cows arse.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

My cousin makes the best pizzas... without sauce, or very little... it's all about the dough and toppings.

Comment

Originally posted by Xorbon

People seem to either love Pizza Hut, or hate Pizza Hut. At least that's my experience.

Pizza Hut
                      People who know pizza tend to hate it (and this is ONE thing I think that the NY and Chicago factions can get behind) .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        I called Pizza Hut and asked for "a cheese pie with extra Oregano please" Their reply? "What's Oregano?" I **** you not. So I said, "its one of the spices used in the making of pizza." "Oh, we use flavor crystals". "Okthanksbye"

That would be enough to turn me off Pizza Hut. My brother worked there and he loves Pizza Hut too. If they used "flavor crystals" on their pizzas, I don't think he would still like it.

So hopefully the Pizza Hut you tried to order from was an exception.

I still have Gino's pizza to fall back on. There they use real sliced sausage instead of those "sausage balls" that a lot of places use.

Comment

Re: What's the key to your pizza?

Originally posted by Jonny
                          You're getting ready to dig into a piping hot pizza fresh from the oven, but what part of it are you looking forward to the most? What's that key part of the pizza that can either make or break your pizza experience?
                          Hmmmm. Not an easy choice, but if I had to choose one option it would be the toppings.
                          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

The dough Good toppings help, and so does having a great cheese, but if the dough is awful the pizza is always awful.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Damnit I want Pizza now and I have no money on me
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X