Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp./Ecol./Sea lvl

Hi everyone.
    Can I somehow make a satellite for ex. which can raise or lower the sea levels? Or alter the temperature of a portion of the Planet or on global scale?
    Thought about some "ecology war" )

And one more - when I play custom map (I like 128*128 ones) later in the game especially after year 2600 when mindworms/Locusts are spotted they are at start 32, then 64, sometimes they were 128! Why is that and can it be edited?

Ok..One more Is it wise to improve the to-be-a-base square? 'case in Civ games it did some good for a base created in that square...

Thanks.

Re: Temp./Ecol./Sea lvl

Originally posted by djanubis
    Can I somehow make a satellite for ex. which can raise or lower the sea levels? Or alter the temperature of a portion of the Planet or on global scale?
    No to all the above. The satelites do only what they are described as, and are hardcoded in these regards, so cannot be altered.

when I play custom map (I like 128*128 ones) later in the game especially after year 2600 when mindworms/Locusts are spotted they are at start 32, then 64, sometimes they were 128! Why is that and can it be edited?
    What are you doing, nuking and nerve-gassing everyone in sight? Or is your eco-damage thru the roof? As far as a modifiable parameter for this is concerned, there is only the game set-up option of changing whether there is no/some/heavy native life.

Ok..One more Is it wise to improve the to-be-a-base square? 'case in Civ games it did some good for a base created in that square...
    The best option is to plant a sensor on the designated base square, as once the base is founded the sensor cannot be destroyed, and then gives the sensor bonus to defenders in that base ( i.e. base defense bonus plus sensor bonus).
    To the best of my recollection about the only other terraforming option that can effect a base square tile production is the Drill to Aquifer option, and even this can be done outside the base square (i.e. have the river flow thru the base tile square).

D

Comment

I have built a condensor in the base square. IIRC, it doesn't affect the productivity of the base square but it does improve the moisture level in the surrounding squares.

I suspect that an echelon mirror would also work in a base square.

Except for getting a colony pod there sooner, there is no reason to build a road or mag tube. As soon as one of the surrounding squares has a road or a mag tube, the base will get a road or mag tube.
      Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Re: Re: Temp./Ecol./Sea lvl

Thanks for replyes.

Originally posted by Darsnan
        What are you doing, nuking and nerve-gassing everyone in sight?
        LOL ROFL Well, not always...

Also I've noticed that when mindworms are spotted in a LAND square, when I attack them with a mindworm or a Locustus - only one disappears, and when I attack them with a non-native unit - the whole stack disappears! But! In one oocasion of a, say, 12, also disappears only one from the stack. But in a SEA square when I attack a stack of Isles or Locusts with an Isle or a Locust they tend to bust the whole stack too...Could this be predicted? And why a land native unit cannot bust the whole stack?

So, I cannot in anyway mess with the warming thing? (I mean a facility).

Comment

Working...
        X