Driving with an expired license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving with an expired license

I go on leave from Iraq in about a month. The issue is that I renewed my license but it was sent to my old address (I do not have a real address anymore) and I have no way of actually getting it. I still have my old one, but it is of course expired. The number, if checked, should show that it was renewed. So my question is does anyone know if this is ok.

I will be driving in Virginia though, where people love to give $5000 tickets, so I am pessimistic.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

It should be ok, as long as you explain the situation to the officer respectfully (like you were talking to a new commanding officer). You will probably have to actually go to the DMV and get a new one.

OTOH, just don't get pulled over.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Wow I've never seen a question asked and answered by pretty much the only person on the forum who knows what they are talking about so quickly.

I'm impressed.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
        It should be ok, as long as you explain the situation to the officer respectfully (like you were talking to a new commanding officer). You will probably have to actually go to the DMV and get a new one.

OTOH, just don't get pulled over.
        In Texas you can renew online actually.

And in Virginia it doesn't matter.

Also, there are speed traps, such as T intersections where the speed on the top of the T is much slower than the previous road even though you would think it would be reversed and there is no new speed limit sign to tell you. The court fees are usually ridiculous so you have to pay a lot of money anyway.

Virginia is just horrible with those type of things.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Will you have your car in Va. or will it be a rental? If a rental, you'll need a valid license to get the rental.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: Driving with an expired license

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            I go on leave from Iraq in about a month. The issue is that I renewed my license but it was sent to my old address (I do not have a real address anymore) and I have no way of actually getting it. I still have my old one, but it is of course expired. The number, if checked, should show that it was renewed. So my question is does anyone know if this is ok.

I will be driving in Virginia though, where people love to give $5000 tickets, so I am pessimistic.
            Just commandeer a tank. No tickets of any kind

Comment

Since you are in the military, as long as you have your ID card is good, your license does not have to be renewed.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                Will you have your car in Va. or will it be a rental? If a rental, you'll need a valid license to get the rental.
                It would be the girlfriend's car. Also I am still 24 and cannot rent a car anyway.

I also am no longer a tank commander. My new job is in the picture
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                  My new job is in the picture
                  Building Inspector?
                  I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

no
                    Attached Files

Comment

To be honest, I know far to many people (even people here legally) who drive on no license at all.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Are there any decent areas in Iraq or are there just these ubiquitous crumbling buildings everywhere?

Comment

Iraq? That's West Baltimore.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You're a bird watcher?
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                              Iraq? That's West Baltimore.
                              beat me to it
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                              X