This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Directory download links are broken

It looks like all downloads that have a question mark in the download link are broken.

For example, see here:
    http://apolyton.net/dir/index.php?id...ts=6696&cat=57

If you hover over the linked title on that page, you'll see the actual download link embedded in there: http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=10252_Civ2Booklet.zip
    (note the question mark in the URL there)

But when you then actually click on the link, you're forwarded to:
    http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?file=10252_Civ2Booklet.zip%3f
    ... and get to see the message "File doesnt exist."

Manually removing the %3f makes it work again.

This happens with all download links with question marks in them (as far as I've tested). They get the %3f appended to the end of them. Note that %3f happens to be the URL encoded version of a question mark...

Could you please fix this?

Thanks!
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Hmmm... odd. I can certainly replicate as well as identify the problem, but have been unable to determine how to correct it. I have alerted our tech. crew to this.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

People use the directory? I've stopped a long time ago. You NEVER, EVER find what you are looking for(it's usually somewhere on the forum, in a sticky, and ALWAYS over at CFC). And if you are lucky enough to find anything, it's probably outdated or unavailable.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It's presumably something in the PHP ... possibly related to exploit-prevention. Gramphos or I will be able to figure it out (him certainly, me perhaps if he's busy )
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well, one thing I can say is that the question mark embedded in the link to the download link shouldn't be there. That one should be URL encoded already... But I don't know if that's what's tripping it up or not.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Should be fixed from the directory at least.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Should now be fixed form elsewhere as well.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

We have a download directory?

Comment

and it is working. Case closed.

Comment

Working...
                    X