Sleep positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep positions

I like sleep! But I can't always find it if I'm trying to sleep in an odd position. I like to sleep on my side, but then I get problems with air flow with my head turned to one side. But if I try to sleep on my back, then my spine and body feels weird, even though I've solved the breathing problem.

I had this one housemate who could sleep on his back. We were all jealous of him. Except for the other housemate, who slept in a predatorial crouching position with his eyes wide open and fully aware.

How do you sleep?
    On my back
    0.00%
    On my front
    0.00%
    On my left side
    66.67%
    On my right side
    33.33%
    In a predatorial crouching position with eyes wide open and fully aware (banana option)
    0.00%
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

On my right side
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

in all positions basically. Usually on either side or back, try avoiding front. But I use them all. With gf, all except on my stomach. She says I sometimes sleep sideways, which is weird but she likes it (because it's weird). She says I sometimes hum when I'm sleeping, but nothing recognizable. That I make up tunes as I sleep and she has been awake few times when I'm going hmm humm hmmhm uhmuhm dididuu humh ummm ddede lalalaa. One time she woke me because she couldn't stop laughing.

That's me I guess.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

On either side. If I'm sleeping with someone else, I face away from them. I'm the spoonee.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Mostly on my left side, but occasionally on my right. Very, very rarely, on my back, but I have to be basically sitting up. Never on my front. I have to sleep bent or my back will be killing me by morning, and it will take me a very hot shower, pain killers, and a few hours to function.

Before I got my CPAP machine, I had to sleep sitting up all the time. Apparently, my sleep apnea caused me to vomit slightly in my sleep, and if I wasn't sitting up, I would sometimes inhale it. Not anymore.

I was able to sleep on my back without any problems when I slept on a sleep number bed. It was wonderful, and I plan on getting one someday.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think the correct answer would be: with lots of beautiful naked women beside me.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

This thread needs a pic
              Attached Files
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Mostly on my left side, but occasionally on my right.

Same
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Fetus-emulators
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dry
                    This thread needs a pic
                    I sleep in the foetus but tilted slightly on my stomach. I don't know how rare that is, but it might be pretty rare.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Oh, and btw, my favorite position is none of the above.
                      It would be something close the yearner, but with left arm alongside my body and my right leg slightly folded to make a right angle. In this position, I am neither on my side, nor on my front, but something inbetween.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Where's the sleep with one eye open option?

Back or right side. Occasionally left side.
                        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I'm usually a Soldier, but I'm a fetus if I have trouble sleeping.

Either way, the Right loves me.
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I find it nearly impossible to initally fall asleep in any other position but on my back. But I spend most of the night on my side (usually right) or front.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Going by the picture, I flicker between a starfish and a yearner--but if I'm not on my back, I'm facing the closer wall.

I usually begin and exit the sleep cycles as a soldier, though--it's my understanding that I spend much of my sleep on my back, facing up, with my solar panels deployed.
                              B♭3

Comment

Working...
                              X