1st big multiplayer game questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st big multiplayer game questions

I have 5-6 people playing civ4 later this week, curious whats a good size map. Only 2 of us have played before.(We only have probably a good 4 or 5 hours). Any recommendations on speed setting, or map style, size?
    any input is appreciated
    thanks

Standard (maybe even Small)
    Normal Game Speed
    Pangaea

Larger than Standard will make the game slower due to distance, slower than Normal will make the game last too long for your timeframe and anything where all the players aren't in the same continent will lead to isolationist strategies and possibly no interaction before Astronomy, so Pangaea is the best choice.

That's how I'd go about it.
    "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

It depends if you are planning to attack each other or have a "gentlemen's agreement" to only attack AIs. Often new players will prefer to have more experienced players leave them alone long enough to get used to the game. In that case you should pick a larger map with a lot of civs.

Unless you devote a whole day to the game you won;t finish anyway, so don't worry about that.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
      X