PolyCast Episode 55: "It's Expulent"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast Episode 55: "It's Expulent"

Now they're starting to make up their own words. The fifth-fifth episode of PolyCast, "It's Expulent", is now netcasting. Regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Makahlua and Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney are joined by returning guest co-host Alexander "Alexander I" Strub and first-time guest co-host Stephen "conmcb25" K..

An official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy. Last month, a special marking the release of its fiftieth episode this summer was released with never-before-heard moments from nearly two years of ongoing production. Its sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding.

To date, ACS is the only known community on the Web to produce its own Civ podcasts.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 03m45s | Mailbag
    The team responds to a detailed email from Sal "Thorburne" Serio who takes some exception to the anti-"realism" position in the Civilization series.
    - 28m59s | News
    Civilization IV: Colonization developer Firaxis Games and publisher 2K Games sponsoring a modding contest for the game, and the same two companies releasing new downloadable content -- also known as DLC -- for Civilization: Revolution.
    - 34m47s | Senate
    A call out to anyone using the so-called Theology slingshot.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    The origin of the first time guest co-host's username, what might be on a show sing-along CD and on who's married to whom.
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

OMFG, this was an FRIGGIN' AWESOME episode!

My funny bone was well 'stimulated'. Musical references with Alexander, ...

The spoken email was quite well modulated.
      In addition to Rhyes & Fall (which I haven't played), Sal should check out the Hephmod Beyond mod.

Comment

We want more Anti-Imran!

Most excellent adventure guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
          My funny bone was well 'stimulated'. Musical references with Alexander, ...
          Cheers!

Yeah, I agree. Though that robotic voice sounds really depressed sometimes.

Originally posted by Dale
          We want more Anti-Imran!
          Lol, thanks. Maybe next time I'm on I'll have to introduce myself as Anti-Imran I.
          The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
          "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
          "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
          The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I
            Yeah, I agree. Though that robotic voice sounds really depressed sometimes.

That's Marvin (Hitchhiker's Gde) for you.

Lol, thanks. Maybe next time I'm on I'll have to introduce myself as Anti-Imran I.
            Or just change your name on Poly to Anti-Imran I.

Comment

Great to hear! (No pun intended ).

My funny bone was well 'stimulated'.

Originally posted by Dale
              We want more Anti-Imran!

Most excellent adventure guys!
              Thanks, Dale.

Originally posted by Alexander I
              Maybe next time I'm on I'll have to introduce myself as Anti-Imran I.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Con sounds nothing at all like I would have expected him to.
                I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aštassi kammu naklu ša šumeri ṣullulu akkadû ana šutēšuri ašṭu
                "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

Originally posted by ayronis
                  I enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

It is an atypical outing for the show in that ~70% of its content time (that being minus e.g. the intro and credits) is dedicated to one topic, and it's under the Mailbag which itself is a semi-regular segment. I was expecting some comments in regards to this as it was coming together in post-production, but I couldn't decide whether I felt that those comments generally would be more "yea" or "nay".

Con sounds nothing at all like I would have expected him to.
                  This is a good thing then?

Comment

I'm listening to the Star Trek theme part of the polycast... you guys are all nerds.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      I'm listening to the Star Trek theme part of the polycast... you guys are all nerds.
                      And proud of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X