The silliest scare ad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The silliest scare ad.

I just clicked on the Drudge Report and there had to be about the silliest ad I had ever seen.

Basically it said:

Obama is for giving foreigners Drivers Licenses and then they had a picture of an Illinois Driver's License that was issued to Muhammed Atta .

LOL

I know that there are millions of these kinds of ads but for some reason this one just hit me as the most ridiculous I've seen.

I'd post a link but Drudge Report constantly changes it top Ad.

Well, was the guy a bad driver or something? Flying planes into buildings doesn't mean you're hazard on the road.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

As long as we don't give one to Harrison.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Didn't Obama support giving illegals drivers licenses, or was that Hillary?
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Funny point in a nation, in two states of which you dont even need driving licences (AFAIK - Hawaii + 1) and it´s rediculously easy to get in most of the others (a DL costs about 1,000 € in germany and dozens hours of practice and theoretical lessons).

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
            Funny point in a nation, in two states of which you dont even need driving licences (AFAIK - Hawaii + 1) and it´s rediculously easy to get in most of the others (a DL costs about 1,000 € in germany and dozens hours of practice and theoretical lessons).
            Idem here, but then again we have narrow roads, complicated urban street patterns, a lot more traffic jams etc.

And they all have automatic transmission. We all know manual gearing is the only thing even remotely difficult about driving.
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
              Didn't Obama support giving illegals drivers licenses, or was that Hillary?
              Yes, Hillary was the one that had 4 positions in 2 minutes.

Comment

Hillary said she understood Spitzer's desire to have illegal aliens carry authenitic identification in light of the federal government's failure to act on illegal immigration.

Let's say some illegal immigrant has just crashed into your car. Which would you rather see from him: authentic identification or forged identification?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  Let's say some illegal immigrant has just crashed into your car. Which would you rather see from him: authentic identification or forged identification?
                  Okay, this makes sense. But here is something I have never, ever, from the time I was a child, understood. People want laws against giving illegal immigrants X. How do the illegal immigrants get X in the first place though? If you know they are illegal when they try to obtain X, why not call immigration then and there? If you don't know they are illegal, how can the law have any effect?

In essence, if it is known they are illegal when they try to get something, the law shouldn't be necessary because the appropriate authorities should be contacted already, they've already broken the law, by entering the country illegally. If you can't do that because the status of their immigration is unknown at the time they try to obtain whatever, then the law can't be useful. What am I missing?

And just to be clear, I have no problem with immigrants. In my experience, they keep to themselves and work hard.
                  You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Him arrested and deported.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Am I the only one who noticed that the ad plays on the prejudice that some people have that Obama will bring all of his terrorist buddies over here?
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The AQ boys are all supporting McCain according to their own web sites. Note Atta got his DL while Bush was Pres, so the ad implies more than it means.

Also it was McCain with the more positive policy toward immigrants, at least up to last year. He favored letting those already here be allowed to stay IF they agreed to work towards citizenship. Actually the best policy he used to support. Now he is just gradually coming apart at the seams with ridiculous ads like this one.

According to the Republican campaign, Obama runs around with domestic terrorists, so no reason to get them DLs. Of course, McCain has his own terrorists like G. Gordon Liddy. Can a former prisoner get a DL?
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                          X