X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 Col: Unofficial bug-fix patch

Civ4 Col: Unofficial Patch 1.03

This file is the fan's unofficial patch.

What this patch is:
    This patch addresses identified bugs within C4C. It resolves each bug using the same methods as originally programmed in C4C to ensure full compatibility with existing code. This patch should be the base that all players play off, and all modders begin from in creating their own mods.

What this patch is NOT:
    This patch does NOT address balance issues within C4C. As there is usually strong debate surrounding balance issues, and correct resolution (if any), this unofficial patch will NOT address balance issues. This will be left up to individual modders to include their own balance resolutions for the community.

Note:

This patch resolves all known bugs up to 27th October 2008 unless noted below.
    Thread: here

Installation:

Download: here

As a Mod:
    1. Open the Civ4 Col installation folder (default C:\Program Files\Sid Meiers Colonization\).
    2. Create a new folder called "Mods" if it does not already exist, and open it.
    3. Unzip the downloaded zip file to this folder (it will create a new folder called "Patch" within this folder).
    4. Start Civ4 Col and select ADVANCED then LOAD MOD then PATCH.
    5. When the game restarts at the top-right of the menu will display the word "Patch" to indicate that it is loaded correctly. Play as normal.

Patch 1.03 bug-fixes:

REF:
    Fixed * King increases taxes after WoI.
    Fixed * King increases REF after WoI.
    Fixed * King demands gold after WoI.
    Fixed * City with none of specified good and non-coastal can be mentioned in party text.
    Fixed * When the King pops up for a tax hike, can press F1 to bring up domestic advisor and alter goods in city before throwing party.

AI:
    Fixed * AI does not use King's transports after turn 90 for treasures, even if it still doesn't have a galleon.
    Fixed * AI does not consider treasure on other continents (thus doesn't load them and remove them to Europe).
    Fixed * AI doesn't change strategy to arming up in preparation for WoI, it changes strategy on the turn it declares (thus has one turn to buy an army in Europe).

EDUCATION:
    Fixed * Multiple colonists can't graduate even if turns remaining is zero.

MAPS:
    Fixed * Regenerating map does not reset REF (every regeneration increases REF by initial size. EG: 8/4/4/4 to 16/8/8/8).
    Fixed * Europe sea zone now removed from map when plot erased (bug in Map Regeneration where a land tile could become a europe tile).
    Fixed * AI does not settle in user-made custom scenarios.
    EXE issue (Firaxis to fix). * WB crashes placing river on edge plots.

UNITS:
    Fixed * Terrain double movement from promotions does not work (eg: Swamp Fox II doesn't apply to marsh even though it is set to).
    Fixed * Units don't unstack when entering native training (first colonist out can't move till second complete bug).
    Fixed * Ships don't unstack when going to/from Europe (first ship returning can't move till second returns bug, and ship stuck in Europe bug).
    Fixed * Defensive bonus for armed natives reversed as matched to unarmed natives (mounted/unmounted reversed).
    Fixed * Unit Cycling Bug where cycling stops (reload fixes)

TRADE:
    Fixed * Blockaded goods count against player for tax rise threshold.
    Fixed * King's blockades don't clear after WoI is won.
    Fixed * Warehouse overflow sales don't count against player for King's taxes and totalTradedYield.
    Fixed * Native settlements change desired good when not supplied with the good in trades.
    Fixed * CvDLLWidgetData parseAssignTradeRoute bug with button labels back to front.
    Fixed * Resource depletion bug where yields are calculated before production.
    * Can't select transports correctly when there are more than a screen full of trade routes.

PEDIA:
    Fixed * Pedia: GG concept entry talks about free upgrades and retaining full experience when doing so
    Fixed * Pedia: Information about FFs which give a boost to native relations should explicitely mention auto-peace
    Fixed * Rename to Colonizapedia
    Fixed * GameTextMgr's setBasicUnitHelp bug showing wrong transport type.

MISC:
    Fixed * iRequiredTransportSize in Civ4UnitInfos.xml not used to determine cargo size (in code it's defined as size 1).
    Fixed * Two players same country, converts from missions gets mixed up whose mission it was.
    Fixed * Exploration points not tripled in marathon (even though FF are).
    Fixed * Pilgrim king doesn't let you respawn.
    Last edited by Dale; October 26, 2008, 21:17.

Note: This patch is ONLY for bug-fixes. Snoopy/Dale's PatchMod (which addresses bugs & balance issues) is being maintained separately to this patch.

This patch is for pure bug fixes only. PatchMod is for an improved game (balance issues and concept improvements).

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Comment

Does the PatchMod include everything in the Bugfix mod, and will that be maintained? i.e., if I have the PatchMod then I won't ever need the Bugfix mod. Right?

Comment

PatchMod 1.06 will have all these fixes in it, and yes, Snoopy and I will continue with PatchMod.

Basically, the two of us want:
        1. Bug-fix patch (this thread): resolves bugs in game.
        2. PatchMod: includes big-fixes & balances
        3. Age of Discovery II: my mod incorporating PatchMod plus my own stuff.

Comment

This patch has been updated to 1.01. It is important you update to this new version as it fixes an issue with starting units in 1.00.

Thanks.

Comment

Version 1.02 has been posted which resolves all known bugs up to today (18th Oct) unless specified. Please update to this version.

See the first post of this thread for details.

Thanks.

Comment

Problem w/ build sequence

When building, e.g., a Fort, if you interrupt that build to build something else, there is currently no way I am aware of to resume building the Fort unless (1) you finish building something else, or (2) you had all the hammers, but lacked a secondary requisite such as tools.

This is especially aggravating because the Firaxis UI make it so that the build queue shows up OVER the city bar if the city is underneath the spot where the build overlay always appears. This means that double-clicking the city bar becomes (i) click city bar (ii) click on random item in build queue (iii) curse out loud and (iv) decide how to ameliorate the problem.

Never mind that Firaxis still thinks that the zone in which clicking targets the city starts below the actual city bar (if there are units in the city)...

I hope this is clear enough.
              John 6:68

Comment

Inside the city screen I haven't ever had trouble changing builds ... there's an icon to look at the available builds on the right side of the screen towards the top in the city screen (the three icons that choose between build screen, emphasize production, and import/export levels, IIRC).
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Patch 1.03 released!

Please update from the first post.

Comment

Started playing the patch mod yesterday. It's seems pretty stable and fixes all my major bug issues.

Nice job guys!

Comment

This unofficial patch is no longer supported nor required since the release of the official Firaxis patch.

Closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X