Halo 3 Expansion (prequel) announced: Halo 3 Recon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 3 Expansion (prequel) announced: Halo 3 Recon

Coming Fall 2009. Looks like MS is having a cycle of Halo one year, Gears of War the next, then Halo, then Gears of War, etc.

Trailer at the link: http://kotaku.com/5060886/halo-3-recon-the-trailer
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

meh, I'm more interested in Halo Wars.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

God, why do people keep buying these outrageously over-rated games?

I have played both Halo and Halo2, and never before or since has a game so completely failed to interest me in any way. They didn't even manage to be bad in an interesting way, they were just complete wastes of existence.

I didn't like Gears either, but I at least can see why it appealed to other people. Halo series is just a complete waste though.
      You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

halo:ce is one the best games ever created. The controls, weapons, maps, balance, etc all combine to make it one of the most enjoyable multi-player games I have ever played. Sure, you can criticize the level design, but the campaign mode is still very engaging.
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Seedle is just in a state of denial.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle
            God, why do people keep buying these outrageously over-rated games?

I have played both Halo and Halo2, and never before or since has a game so completely failed to interest me in any way. They didn't even manage to be bad in an interesting way, they were just complete wastes of existence.

I didn't like Gears either, but I at least can see why it appealed to other people. Halo series is just a complete waste though.
            Wow...just...wow. Complete wastes of existence? Even if you hated the single player, I'm not sure how you can make such a statement unless you've never played the MP...which you probably haven't, since you are most likely a terrible FPS player. Don't take out your inadequacies on Master Chief.

Comment

...Call of Duty's multiplayer was much more multifaceted than Halo's, allowing for real squad-based tactics.

Halo's MP tends to get a little repetitive... being more of the "run in a straight line and shoot" quality.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The levels are better, as are the weapon choices.

Both are great MP games, it becomes a matter of taste. I don't like squad-based team games when you don't know your team.

Comment

Seedle, when it comes to Halo, Asher practically wanks over it.

You and I can agree that it is an overrated game, but getting Asher to agree or to see the light is as difficult as stopping Earths rotation.
                  be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                    Seedle, when it comes to Halo, Asher practically wanks over it.

You and I can agree that it is an overrated game, but getting Asher to agree or to see the light is as difficult as stopping Earths rotation.
                    You act like you two are the sane ones -- you are clearly in the minority. Maybe the problem is you?

Given your history of incessant stupidity on this site, Frozzy, it's a very strong possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      The levels are better, as are the weapon choices.

Both are great MP games, it becomes a matter of taste. I don't like squad-based team games when you don't know your team.
                      I like the customization that Call of Duty 4 offered. But you're right about how some of the weapons were either lame or just redundant. Level design in CoD4 is a bit weak. Graphics were a matter of taste. If you hate gray and brown, Call of Duty is not for you. If you hate the day-glow rainbow, Halo is not for you.

After playing CoD for a while and jumping back into Halo for the legendary map pack, I kept forgetting that there's really not much point trying to hide when you glow blue or red. Also shooting a guy in the back five or six times doesn't guarantee you'll kill him. It's a weird shift, and one where I just stick with CoD.

What's with the new free Halo download? I saw it but haven't checked it out yet.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

It's a trailer for the expansion

Comment

I liked Halo quite a lot, for a console fps it had much to recomend it; the setting was new and interesting, the story was good, some of the levels were excellent and very tense. Yeah one of my better memories from console gaming

My short foray into online console gaming started and stopped with Halo - urggH!(ok you can filter people I later found, but i wasn't bothered by then).

Lets not talk about halo2 - lol i finished that over a weekend(about 12-13hours max!) and it never got close to offering the same level of fun and interest as the first game, and the ending was really poor!

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                            Wow...just...wow. Complete wastes of existence? Even if you hated the single player, I'm not sure how you can make such a statement unless you've never played the MP...which you probably haven't, since you are most likely a terrible FPS player. Don't take out your inadequacies on Master Chief.
                            It is true I have limited experience with the MP in Halo, so I can't accurately judge that. But Halo doesn't just get acclaim for its MP, it gets (an admittedly slightly lesser amount of) praise for its single player as well. Bottom line is, I gave both Halo and Halo 2 an hour to impress me, and they completely failed. True, you can't fully judge a game in an hour, but if the designers can't even make the first hour (the demo, if you will) interesting, they obviously have deep problems. Particularly in the second game, they really should know at that point how to design the beginning of the game to grab your interest. Besides, the vast, vast, vast majority of games get worse the more you play them, not better.

As for my ability as a player, I'm decent. Not going professional ever, but I can hold my own in CoD 4 MP (which I really, really like.) I was indeed horrible at Gears, and that is the main reason I dislike it, but I KNOW this, and that is why I understand why other people like it. If my suckitude were my issue with Halo, I wouldn't be taking it out on the game. But my suckitude isn't the problem, the problem is that Halo is vastly over-rated, particularly as a one-player game.
                            You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
                              I liked Halo quite a lot, for a console fps it had much to recomend it; the setting was new and interesting, the story was good, some of the levels were excellent and very tense. Yeah one of my better memories from console gaming

My short foray into online console gaming started and stopped with Halo - urggH!(ok you can filter people I later found, but i wasn't bothered by then).

Lets not talk about halo2 - lol i finished that over a weekend(about 12-13hours max!) and it never got close to offering the same level of fun and interest as the first game, and the ending was really poor!
                              I presume it was Halo 2 you played online, Halo 1 launched before Xbox Live existed.

Comment

Working...
                              X