Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to check the number of enemy units in the stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check the number of enemy units in the stack?

When the stack is big the names of the units overflow the available screen, so they may be 20 or 200.
    Is there a way to understand the real number of the units?

Arghhh... Ignore the question. Now I saw I have manually to add all the numbers for each unit type, but I hope for some kind of mousewheel to see the units which are beyond the screen.
    Last edited by eHandel; October 8, 2008, 12:54.

If you have a spy nearby he can move on the same square as the stack, then it will show little icons for every unit in that stack, so you can id unit number and type in big stacks easily....

edit: woah, just noticed the date....
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
      If you have a spy nearby he can move on the same square as the stack, then it will show little icons for every unit in that stack, so you can id unit number and type in big stacks easily....

edit: woah, just noticed the date....
      Better late than never, I am sure.
      Not only that, but it's a good idea ... and one I had never realized or just plain forgotten.

Sometimes the stack listing may start too high so you can't see what the lead unit is (very frustrating). I have found that you can marginally improve the listing by minimizing the interface (Ctrl-I).

Comment

Spies are the best way. ftw.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I have found you can marginally improve the situation by nuking the offending stack.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
            I have found you can marginally improve the situation by nuking the offending stack.
            Two tactical nukes will cut short all need of counting 'cause there won't be anything left to count

Comment

Originally posted by sorinache View Post
              Two tactical nukes will cut short all need of counting 'cause there won't be anything left to count
              My point exactly.

We need more out of the box thinking. Counting, schmounting. Who needs it.

Comment

Bury the enemy dead; don't count them. In a radioactive zone, we may need to let them be for awhile. Silly enemy, dying in a radioactive wasteland. What were they thinking?
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                X