Independant But Still Paying 80% Tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independant But Still Paying 80% Tax?

I just played a game where I made it to the point where getting taxed 80%.

I stopped exporting to Europe and stockpiled all of the finished products. I had enough to fill 6 Galleons and 2 Merchantmen up twice with Coats, Cigars, and Silver.

Upon Revolting, I was prompted with the option of having a Monarchy, which would allow me to continue trade with Europe, and I opted for that.

Upon getting to Europe, I had to pay 80% tax. That is the part that I don't understand. To whom am I paying this enormous tax?

Isn't that the point of revolting in the first place? Unfair taxation without representation? I would think that one could trade with Europe through a different port or something and not pay the former King tax.

I wouldn't have revolted otherwise. I don't see the benefit.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Still no answers. Is it one of those things that you have to WIN the war to get no tax from the old country? Isn't the game over at that point?

Comment

I don't have any answers as to if it's a bug or now, but if I was the king and my colony revolted against me, I'd probably still charge them a very high tax if they wanted to trade with me.
      "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

Right, which is why I wouldn't sail into your port. I would no longer trade with you probably, because of the fact that you declared war on me... Europe is a big place.

Comment

Working...
        X