Dale / Snoopy Patch Install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale / Snoopy Patch Install.

Admittedly I know little about moding / patching. Whats the best way to install the latest patch? I tried copying / overwriting the base colonization files with the patch files and while I have had no crashes or conflicts by doing this every time I start a new game I start in the same old place at the bottom of the map. This leads me to believe the patch isn't working and / or I've screwed this up somehow, so I am looking for someone to enlighten me. Thanks in advance for any info.

Yeah, sounds like it isn't.

At this point, untill it's more stable and more complete, I wouldn't recommend overwriting the original files.

Follow this process:
    1. Download the patch.
    2. Open the actual game folder (default is C:\Program Files\Sid Meiers Colonization\) not the "My Games" folder.
    3. Create a folder called "Mods".
    4. Open the Mods folder (C:\Program Files\Sid Meiers Colonization\Mods).
    5. Unzip the PatchMods to there (it should create a new folder in there called PatchMod: \Mods\PatchMod\).
    6. Open the new PatchMod folder and you will see an Assets and CvGameCoreDLL folder, and the ini file.
    7. Start Civ4 Col and load the mod by selecting ADVANCED --> LOAD A MOD and selecting PatchMod.
    8. C4C will restart, and you'll know you're in the patch as top-right will indicate the mod's name.

Comment

Also, if you have a shortcut on your desktop, copy the icon so there is now two, right-click --> Properties on the icon and replace the appropriate text in the target line with: colonization.exe "mod=\PatchMod"

Ensure you have the quote marks and a space after .exe

Comment

A tangential question:

Does this mod work with MP? I have been trying to play this mod with a friend so one of us doesn't get stuck at the bottom and we can't find each other on Gamespy nor can we do a direct IP connection.

Is it possible it doesn't work because I have it in the My Games folder instead of the Colonization main folder?
        "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Yes, both need it in the col main folder. MP doesn't read custom assets from the my games folder.

Comment

Thank you very much! My friend will be most pleased to not necessarily start in the tundra.
            "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X