Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you pull any $ out of the bank because of the crisis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you pull any $ out of the bank because of the crisis?

I have not.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Banana
    0%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

No. And if you have more than $100,000 in any one account in an FDIC-insured bank, you should have a finger stuck in your eye because you're an idiot.

Comment

I has money under my matress.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I thought I was lucky, because I switched my 401K over from a high growth (and thus rapid fall) fund to a low yield, and supposedly stable fund, just before the crisis broke out. I checked yesterday and my account had fallen almost by 1/6th.

It's a small fund, but from January to now, I've gone from $8700 to $5700.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

what's a communist doing investing in the stock market?
            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

saving for retirement

Actually, since my company matched a certain amount, it was a way to get more money from my company. Keep in mind that a 401K is not really a retirement account, it's a deferred salary. By participating in the scheme, I got another 3% out of my boss.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm not as worried about losing money in the bank as I am about Congress giving it away to the banks.

Comment

touche

edit: x-post, and I don't know how to do the accent, sorry.
                  The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
                    what's a communist doing investing in the stock market?
                    "I has money under my matress."

Comment

Yes, I helped WAMU collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

"I has money under my matress."

Ha ha, yur cat tuk it to pay for cheezeburgers.

Comment

No, I'm with Citibank, one of the stronger ones, so I didn't.

I did suggest to my friends who had WaMu to perhaps consider opening up alternate back accounts.
                          B♭3

Comment

I'm with Wells Fargo... I figure as long as Warren Buffet holds his stake in WFC it's going to be one of the ones "saved".

Comment

I switched from Sovereign Bank to a locally owned and operated one.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X