X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 08/09 (II): Game On

Previous thread.

And incase it is missed:
    Snoopdawg...in our league settings you've got PPA and PPP...think you meant PPA and PPG.

Also, the "Min games per week" -- isn't that min goalie games per week? You changed it to 5, I think it's normally 3.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Nothing to see here, please move along...
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Eh?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Just marking the thread for easy reference.

Twice over, now.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Question: Are we still going to run the ESPN league? Or are we shutting that down now that the auction league is on Yahoo?
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

It's dead, we're using Yahoo for both.

Comment

Bump for snoopdawg, before the season begins...

Comment

Fixed, and fixed ... though 3 goaltender games per week seems rather low
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It's just the minimum. Sometimes with injury problems and pushing backups, it's hard to get even that.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Fixed, and fixed ... though 3 goaltender games per week seems rather low
                    Not really that low-- Even carrying two guys that are starters, its not that uncommon to have one guy hurt and the other one only play twice. You then NEED to pick up a start from someone else of cede all the goalie categories.---
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Hey Asher

Is it just me or are the Flames suddenly awash in Dmen

I see

Phaneuf
                      Regehr
                      Aucoin
                      Giordano

as a potential top 4

with maybe

Van der meer
                      Sarich

rounding out the top 6.

That leaves

Erickson
                      Warrener
                      Pardy and
                      Pelech

in camp.

I know Sutter likes defensive depth but since both Pardy and Pelech look like they might be ready for the big time, this is getting ridiculous. IMHO they should dump one if not both of Eriskson and Warrener. Neither impresssed me at all last year and they really need to give a chance to their kids for the future

If a string of injuries occurr, they could be happy to have all these d but frankly with salary cap constraints I don't know that the Flames can afford to have all this insurance

Up front remaining is these 19, of whom they might keep 14 around the big club. So lets see

Certain
                      Jarome Iginla – RW
                      Daymond Langkow – C
                      Todd Bertuzzi – RW

Michael Cammalleri – LW
                      Matthew Lombardi – C

All but certain

Rene Bourque – LW
                      Dustin Boyd – C/LW
                      Craig Conroy – C
                      Curtis Glencross – LW

Roster spot-- may not always play

David Moss – RW
                      Jamie Lundmark – C
                      Andre Roy – LW

In the hunt

Eric Nystrom – LW
                      Wayne Primeau – C
                      Brandon Prust – RW

Back to the farm?

John Armstrong – C
                      Mikael Backlund – C
                      Kyle Greentree – LW
                      Brett Sutter – LW

I think the top 9 forwards listed will absolutely be on the team and playing regularly. So the trick is to figure who fills out the next 5 spots -- I've got Moss, Lundmark and Roy as guys I see being on the roster although Roy might sit out if playing a team without a heavyweight.

Of the rest . . . Primeau can be in trouble if Lundemark sticks and I confess personally that I would rather see Prust and Nystrom stick around and provide energy. In fact . . . if a David Moss isn't cracking the top 3 lines, I don't know that he plays that much. I don't think the fact that there are only 4 listed RWs in the 19 helps him that much and expect we might see someone else on the right side

The reality is that you probably need 15 forwards through the year anyway.

The big asterisk for me in this is Backlund-- I know the Flames really had high hopes and perhaps he might meet them yet but so far it simply seemed like he wasn't ready for NHL yet. Perhaps he can turn it around in the back end of camp
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Backlund won't be playing this year, he's going back to the SEL for 1 more year -- it's all but certain.

I definitely agree w.r.t. Eriksson and Warrener...they need to go. If we're giving icetime to marginal d-men, it needs to be affordable and it needs to be with people who need to gain experience, not washed up ****ty guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I definitely agree w.r.t. Eriksson and Warrener...they need to go. If we're giving icetime to marginal d-men, it needs to be affordable and it needs to be with people who need to gain experience, not washed up ****ty guys.
                          Plus apparently Pardy has impressed. The Calgary Sun did a piece on him today staiting among other things that he has played too well to be denied a spot-- The key fact it cited though was that Pardy would apparently have to clear waivers to be sent down so given his play Calgary probably would not risk that

I wonder is there any trade market for Erikson or Warrener-- It wasn't that long ago that Warrener was a top 4 workhorse type and Erikson, for better or worse, played pretty regular for Calgary last year. So for teams weak in d they could be valuable depth guys. I wonder would anyone be willing to give up as much as a draft pick or will the Flames be faced with releasing them or waiving them or whatever
                          Last edited by Flubber; September 29, 2008, 16:49.

Comment

STL just lost Johnson for the year, they may want one of them. It's a crap team anyway, maybe no one would notice their crapiness?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              STL just lost Johnson for the year, they may want one of them. It's a crap team anyway, maybe no one would notice their crapiness?
                              Well Warrener's injury problems are well known but someone may take a chance.

Erisksson?? He logged over 20 minutes per game a few times in Calgary's playoff series so he was hardly a hanger on-- He could possibly be of value elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X