Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great work guys

Just a quick note - long time reader of Apolyton, just registered to post ...

I'm really encouraged by all the work done to address CIV4:Colonization playability issues, including REF and other tweaks. I'm having fun with the game but it definitely needs the "last mile" completed. Keep up the great work guys - can't wait for this to be polished up, then you can email it to Sid I'm surprised they let this one out of the door as it is, seems like lots of uncharacteristic gaps. Anyway, thanks again!

Comment

Quick and general question about mods...

Do I have to apply the mod patch each and every time I start the game, or should it automatically apply after I've applied it, at least until I unload it? I seem to have to apply it every time I start the game, but I've really never used mods before this, so I'm unsure whether that's right or I did something wrong somewhere. Thanks.

Comment

If you start the game with the mod="\patchmod" flag in the shortcut, you don't have to apply it every time (see Dale's post about installing the patchmod).
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

thanks snoopy (and dale, seems he's not around currently, lol).

one more question, how can i load Age of Discovery II and this patch together?

Comment

Dale lives in Australia. It's like 3am there.

He'll (eventually) combine the two, you can't at the moment combine them unfortunately (without going into the source code and such).

Comment

It was 3:26am at the time you posted that.

Comment

i'm in Shanghai, almost as same as u, dale, GMT +8

Comment

Just curious, i just installed this game on my PC, due to the level of respect I have for both Dale and Snoopy369, I deferred installing until after this patch/mod had been done.

My question is this:

Can I install now or are you folks still doing a good bit of tweaking still?

thanks

Gramps
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Please install now and try it.

We need valuable feedback on balance changes such as REF and Education.

Comment

• Great work so far; if anything, I'd turn down the education ramping even more. In a marathon game, it is still taking 30-40 turns with a university after a few trainees...
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Hmmm, wonder if that's a marathon problem (the number increasing dramatically more because marathon's numbers are so high) ... for normal it's reasonable. When you say 'a few trainees' how many are you talking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
                          Great work so far; if anything, I'd turn down the education ramping even more. In a marathon game, it is still taking 30-40 turns with a university after a few trainees...
                          How's the REF shaping up on marathon? I haven't done a marathon test game yet to see it.

Comment

• v1.04 posted, please see first post for details.

It may seem like a small one, but some of the AI changes took time, and my time was a bit more limited this week.

Next week I hope to get a bigger update out.

Comment

• Your fix regarding treasure and galleons doesn't seem to be working quite as intended. It's possible to load your galleon with five goods or men and then load the treasure afterwards in the last spot. If you load the treasure first things work as intended, and you can't add anything extra.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasmus40
                                Your fix regarding treasure and galleons doesn't seem to be working quite as intended. It's possible to load your galleon with five goods or men and then load the treasure afterwards in the last spot. If you load the treasure first things work as intended, and you can't add anything extra.
                                Did you try with 1.04? Cuz that was reported for 1.03 and as far as I know the fix in 1.04 is working.

Comment

Working...
                                X