Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were you I would post AoD II comments in AoD II section.

1. I have never had a crash in AoD II, try to see if this behaviour is repetitive. Ideally post the savegame in AoD II section.

2. A Galleon can carry 3 treasures in AoD II, and in the patchmond 1.

The section you are looking to edit can be found in:

\Colonization II\Mods\AgeofDiscoveryII\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4Unit Infos.xml

Section:
    < Type >UNIT_TREASURE< /Type >

Line:
    < iBerthSize >2< /iBerthSize >, change 2 to 1

I like beers too!

HTH

PS Had to look extra spaces between < > or else the line wouldn't display. Search for key words like UNIT_TREASURE and then find iBerthSize.
    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; January 18, 2009, 05:29.
    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

• Thanks Prince!

Comment

• Hi, quick question - is this Patch Mod compatible with Firaxis' 1.01F patch?

I love what you've done with it (e.g. allowing colonists to enter cities even though they've moved) but I'd love to train Veteran Soldiers in schools, too.

So just wondering how your Mod will affect Patch 1.01f (yes, I've already downloaded and installed it...).

Comment

• It is my understanding that the 1.01F patch includes many of PatchMod's changes. I don't think you could use the two together, unless Dale compiled a later version than I'm aware of. However, his AoD2 mod does include many of the changes, and I'm fairly sure he maintained that further.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Thanks!

I tried it out last night - Patch 1.01F and Patch Mod. Result: Crash to Desktop as soon as I try to launch a new game.

I've also installed the United Mod and Blue Marble. BM works well, no problems. But United Mod and PatchMod both CTD as soon as a new game is started.

I'm also wondering about the Veteran Soldiers. Someone elsewhere posted that in order to train Vets in schools, it's just a matter of altering their Unit Info in the XML folder. Change iTeacherWeight to 2 instead of 0. This is what Patch 1.01F did. So am wondering if I can do the same to PatchMod.

First, I could do with some help figuring out the CTD's...

Comment

• You can't make PatchMod compatible with 1.01F without major changes well beyond what would be worth doing. You'd be better off just doing your own mod.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
              X