Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Snoopy and Dale have been working on a PatchMod to resolve the bugs in the game, rebalance certain parts, and make the game the 5/5 it deserves.

This is separate to the unofficial patch which addresses bug-fixes only.

Current version 1.07
    Please download the latest version from here.

Installation:
    1. Download the patch.
    2. Open the actual game folder (default is C:\Program Files\Sid Meiers Colonization\) not the "My Games" folder.
    3. Create a folder called "Mods".
    4. Open the Mods folder (C:\Program Files\Sid Meiers Colonization\Mods).
    5. Unzip the PatchMods to there (it should create a new folder in there called PatchMod: \Mods\PatchMod\).
    6. Open the new PatchMod folder and you will see an Assets, PublicMaps and CvGameCoreDLL folder, and the ini file.
    7. Start Civ4 Col and load the mod by selecting ADVANCED --> LOAD A MOD and selecting PatchMod.
    8. C4C will restart, and you'll know you're in the patch as top-right will indicate the mod's name.

List of changes:

Code:
    PatchMod 1.07:

[b][i]Fixes and Changes:[/i][/b]
    [b]REF:[/b]
    * Added iKingUnitThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented.  This allows the REF increases to be modified by an XML edit.  This will currently be left at 100% (normal), until further testing can be done to determine appropriate levels.  Increases base incremental percent (10%) by fraction of (value/100).
    * Added iKingGoldThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented.  This allows the REF to change due to paying King money demands to be modified per difficulty (default == 50).  This effects the REF threshold, rising it in relation to the amount of gold given to the King.  This slows REF growth by kissing his pinky.
    * King no longer increases taxes after WoI.
    * King no longer increases REF after WoI.
    * King no longer requests gold after WoI.
    * Tax rises less often in Marathon and Epic games.
    * King's navy cannot enter native settlements.
    * Only coastal cities with specified good mentioned in party text.
    * Can no longer bring up domestic advisor during diplomacy.

[b]AI:[/b]
    * AI will now use King's Transports after turn 90 for treasures if it doesn't have a galleon
    * AI will load and take treasure to Europe from uncolonised continents (before they just sat there forever).
    * AI now arms units in Europe and transports them to become standing defenders of the colonies.
    * AI now correctly pursues massive armament during lead-up to revolution (previously only did this on declaration of independance meaning it only got one turn to buy an army).
    * AI is now capable of winning Indian wars and the War of Independance
    [i]NEW[/i] * AI has more cash for everything.
    [i]NEW[/i] * AI now capable of having more than 2 transport ships (now max 5).

[b]EDUCATION:[/b]
    * Reduced education threshold increase from 20% to 10%.
    * Multiple colonists can graduate each turn.

[b]MAPS:[/b]
    * AI start locs no longer in order from top to bottom of map (randomised).
    * Humans no longer start in the same start loc.
    * Europe Sea Zone fix to one third of the way in from the map edge and 4 tiles from coast
    * Regenerating map now resets REF (previously, every regeneration increased REF by initial size.  EG: 8/4/4/4 to 16/8/8/8).
    * Europe sea zone now removed from map when plot erased (noticeable in Map Regeneration).
    * Start locations on random maps spread out more (increased iRange index from 10 to 40 in CvPlayer::startingPlotRange()).
    * Can now sail to the east or west coast (if known) from Europe.
    * AI will settle correctly in user-made custom scenarios.

[b]UNITS:[/b]
    * Colonists can now join cities after moving (like founding cities).  Does not include outside jobs such as scout, military, pioneer, missionary.
    * Can now set profession after moving (like clear profession).
    * Converted native can no longer be educated at Indian settlements (can be trained at school as normal).
    * Converted natives can no longer become missionaries.
    * Units cannot be made a soldier/dragoon and attack the same turn (eliminates an exploit).
    * Terrain double movement from promotions now works fully (eg: Swamp Fox II wasn't applying to marsh even though it was set to).
    * Units unstack when entering native training (eliminates screwy behaviour).
    * Units unstack when going to/from Europe (eliminates screwy behaviour).
    * Easier to get Great Generals in Marathon and Epic games.
    * Units on the way to, or in Europe get intercepted by the King when you declare independance.
    * Defensive bonus for armed natives fixed to match unarmed natives (mounted/unmounted reversed).
    * Docks hurry costs have a set maximum (currently 2000, will change).
    [i]NEW[/i] * That bloody unit cycling bug has been found, squashed and celebrated!
    [i]NEW[/i] * Automation (and AI) will no longer remove features from a plot when that plot is being worked and it has an improvement (eg: lodge on forest will NOT be removed under automation).

[b]TRADE:[/b]
    * European horses tripled in price.
    * Blockaded goods no longer counted against tax rise threshold.
    * King's blockades now clear after WoI.
    * Warehouse expansion sales now count towards total traded amounts (not previously counted).
    * Natives only change desired good when supplied with that good (previously was any good would reset desired good).
    * Buttons on trade route screen corrected.
    [i]NEW[/i] * Prices in Europe are checked after each trade instead of only once per turn.
    [i]NEW[/i] * Production now calculated before resource yield calculation, fixes depletion bug.

[b]INTERFACE:[/b]
    * Warnings: Out of raw good for processing warning.
    * Warnings: Almost out of space warning.

[b]PEDIA:[/b]
    * GG concept entry no longer talks about free upgrades and retaining full experience when doing so.
    * FF's and Traits boosting native relations now correctly mentions auto-peace with natives.
    * Renamed to Colonizopedia as it was in Col1.
    * setBasicUnitHelp bug shows correct transport unit when changed from default.

[b]MISC:[/b]
    * Cargo now takes the number of berths in ships as defined in Civ4UnitInfos.xml via tag iBerthSize.  (EG: Treasure now fills 6 berths of a ship)
    * Can't declare war against another European Civ for the first 20 turns.
    * Missionaries now produce converts for a PLAYER not a NATION (eliminates converts confused which player to go to when two players same nation).
    * Exploration points now correctly scale for gamespeed.
    * Pilgrim king gives you a free ship if you lose your final ship (regardless of gold remaining).
    * Establishing missions now have an increasing failure chance based on success missions and difficulty.
    [i]NEW[/i] * Failed missions will have a negative impact on the Natives.
    * Immigration threshold increase reduced to 20% (was 25%).
    [i]NEW[/i] * End of game now extended after first DoI (like Col1) based on GameSpeed: 75/100/150/300 turns.  So now 300 turns to DoI, +100 turns to win from that point (on Normal speed).
    [i]NEW[/i] * Start location (re-spawn location) is now randomised each time you lose your last ship.
    [i]NEW[/i] * Text when Indians "give" you their city changed for clarity.
    Last edited by Dale; October 26, 2008, 21:23.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Currently To Be Fixed:
    Code:
    ColPatch 0.1
    Fixes:
    REF:
    	* Add REF Threshold adjustment in XML Handicap files, to directly adjust REF per level.  
    		- Add GlobalDefine iThresholdModifier
    		- Add XML Tag
    		- Add to appropriate locations in .cpp FIXED
    	* Add REF Threshold modification code to King's tax requests
    		- Dale! FIXED
    	* Consider increasing starting REF size, and adjusting by handicap
    	* Fix REF-in-cities vulnerability (city defense bonus, or raze cities)
    AI:
    	* AI Treasures:
    		- AI Guards Treasure
    		- AI Sends Treasure Home FIXED partially, chosen to leave as is re: guards treasure 
    (avoid discouraging AI exploration).
    		- AI uses King's transports any time during the game if they don't have a galleon 
    (was only till turn 90)
    	* AI City Defenses:
    		- AI defends cities where appropriate
    		- AI remembers	
    	* AI Attitude:
    		- AI unlikely to go to war unless superior power
    		- AI will go to war if superior power
    	* AI DoI:
    		- AI won't DoI unless it can reasonably beat the REF
    		- AI will ask for your help (both AI-colony and AI-king)
    		- AI King won't attack native settlements or any other players unless attacked
    		- Native assistance during WoI?
    		- Native random attacks more common?
    		- or possibly Barbarians?
    Education:
    	* Cost Increases:
    		- Remove increment, or modify down to lower level (CHANGE MADE, UNDER TESTING)
    		- Allow training multipe colonists
    		- Do not allow free training of costly colonists
    Maps:
    	* Random start location
    		- Fix human non-random start location
    	* Start Loc closeness
    		- Not so close start locs
    	* Scenario AI settle bug
    		- Fix the AI not settling on scenarios
    	* Europe sea zone
    		- Change zones to extend to within 4 tiles of coast 
    (currently only 5 tiles in from border max)
    	* Fix starts upon map regeneration

Misc:
    	* Ship to England Bug
    		- Find and fix this
    		- NEED SAVES WHERE IT IS HAPPENING, please.
    	* Unit Cycling Bug
    		- Find and Fix this
    		- NEED SAVES WHERE IT IS HAPPENING, please.
    	* Galleon Treasure bug
    		- implement Dale's fixes FIXED
    	* Trade Route bug
    		- fix trade routes so that units are not left in excess of warehouse capacity
    	* Doing stuff after moving
    		- allow join city and set profession after moving
     (like found and clear profession allow now) FIXED
    Last edited by Dale; September 30, 2008, 22:28.

Comment

Fixed so far:
      Code:
      * Added iKingGoldThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented; 
      this allows the REF change due to paying King money demands to be modified per difficulty (default == 50)
      * Can now join cities after moving (like founding cities).
      * Can now set profession after moving (like clear profession).
      * Europe Sea Zone fix to one third of the way in from the map edge and 4 tiles from coast
      * AI will now use King's Transports after turn 90 for treasures if it doesn't have a galleon
      * Humans no longer start in the same start loc.
      * AI start locs no longer in order from top to bottom of map (randomised).
      Code:
      * Added iKingUnitThresholdPercent xml tag to Civ4HandicapInfos.xml and implemented; 
      this allows the REF increases to be modified by an XML edit.  
      This will currently be left at 100% (normal), until further testing can be done to determine appropriate levels.
      Increases base incremental percent (10%) by fraction of (value/100).
      * Added code to ensure Treasure takes up 6 spots on a galleon (and other units as appropriate)
      * Reduced education threshold increase from 20% to 10%
      Last edited by snoopy369; September 30, 2008, 10:34.

Comment

Current mod zip will be posted here.

EDIT by Dale: PatchMod Super Alpha link removed (see first post)

Versioning (current version at top):

0.1 - iKingUnitThresholdPercent added to Civ4HandicapInfo.xml and .dll, set to 200 (Easiest) -> 90 (Hardest); units take correct space on ship (treasure takes 6 spaces); education threshold increase cut in half (from 20 to 10).

Desired testing: test the iKingUnitThresholdPercent effect, if 200 -> 90 (200 means 2x as much difference between increases, 90 means .9x as much, so slightly MORE REF on hardest level) is balanced or if different numbers are needed.

Please note, 200 (2x) does not mean 1/2 as much REF. It means instead of the bell gap increasing by 10% each time (75: first, 75+(1.1*75) = 157:second, 157+(1.1*157)=329:third, etc., it is:
        75: first, 75+(1.3*75)=173:second, 173+(1.3*173)=398:third, etc. After a while the difference can get extreme. My and Dale's guess is that 200 is about right, but this is something that needs a lot of testing just to see what a player on the easier levels will see. (Keep in mind the REF on the easy level shouldn't be TINY, it should just be a reasonable bit smaller. This has the added bonus that it gets MUCH harder to get huge stacks, as the bigger you get, the bigger the gap between REF increases is.)

This mod is super-alpha stage right now, please don't take this as a finished mod nor install this unless you know what you're doing; and BACK UP PEOPLE!!!
        Last edited by Dale; September 28, 2008, 06:35.

Comment

Berth fix (already in but code for those interested):

Current:
          - all units regardless what is set in Civ4UnitInfos.xml only takes 1 berth in ship.

New:
          - all units take as many berths as set in Civ4UnitInfos.xml (eg: treasure 6 berths).

EDIT: Code removed, no longer needed.
          Last edited by Dale; September 28, 2008, 03:24.

Comment

AI Treasure fixes:

Current:
            - AI will not pickup treasures found on uncolonised islands.
            - AI will not use King's transport after turn 90.
            - AI places very low priority on treasures.

New:
            - AI missions modified to extended range for picking up treasures.
            - AI will use King's transport if it doesn't have a ship of appropriate size (galleon in default settings) at any time in the game.
            - AI treasure priorities raised.

EDIT: Code removed, no longer needed.
            Last edited by Dale; September 28, 2008, 03:23.

Comment

Moderator Action: Moved theory discussions to other thread. Again, please use this thread for coding discussion, as in how to do something in C++ or Python or whatnot. Thanks

Comment

The code, for those interested, is found here:
                edit: See top post.

I used the Code:Blocks method of compiling the SDK, so there is a code:blocks project file in there as well. Most of the changes were in CvPlayer, CvInfos, and CvUnit.
                Last edited by snoopy369; September 28, 2008, 23:59.

Comment

Adding fixes for the following:

1. Can found city, but can't join city after moving (with movement left).
                  2. Can clear profession, but can't assign profession after moving (with movement left).

Easy fixes those two, and two that piss a lot of people off.

I'm making these changes as I believe it was intended that this is how these two actions (join city and give profession) were supposed to work considering the primary actions (found and clear profession) are able to be done after moving.

Comment

Europe Sea Zone extended to 1/3 of the way in from the edge, and 4 tiles from the coast (was 3).

This allows for fairer access to the coast, and MUCH fairer on map scripts such as Carribean.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Definitely the "Sail To Europe" part needs to be addressed--for example, the Huge map of America that comes with the game has NO "Sail to Europe" tiles anywhere within thirty tiles of the east coast of the modern United States, which means that it takes nearly twenty turns for ships to make a round trip. The "Sail to Europe" tiles should really be no more than about 12 tiles away from the main continents at most.
                      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Version 1.01 of the PatchMod is posted in the top thread. Please play and test the changes and advise on your feelings of the changes.

Especially in regards to:
                        1. Education
                        2. REF changes

Comment

Note for Snoopy:

The code is back in VsStudio format (since that's all I got)

I think it'll be better if one of us works on the code only. You or me?

Comment

This patchmod makes my Colonization game crash to desktop the instant one of my competitor European colony nations founds a city ... At least I think this is what causing it - enabling logging and debugging gives this output in PythonDbg.log as the last logentry :

PY:City Built Event: Isabella

I'm afraid the colonization.exe.dmp file didn't offer much help to me, as I'm not fluent in reading dumpfiles in hexadecimals :-P

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                              Note for Snoopy:

The code is back in VsStudio format (since that's all I got)

I think it'll be better if one of us works on the code only. You or me?
                              That part shouldn't matter I don't think since we're not adding files or anything... but I'm happy to work on the code I suppose. I spent way too long getting it to build not to

Comment

Working...
                              X