Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys! Thanks for the patch (and mod). Already playing all my SP games with it

I realize Dale was in beta so the following might be in with good reason but I noticed more than once that when i trow goods in the sea it only takes the king one or two turns to demand extra taxes again. Maybe the 'meter' doesnt reset correctly or I did such massive amount of trading before its over the tax break again but it makes trowing things in a bit useless.

Next is a small request. When I trade with natives I cant seem to adjust the amount of goods I want to trade with them.

Anyway, ignore at will, keep the good work up

Comment

• That's something I want to look at when I'm able.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Code:
        bellRateMultiplier = ((GC.getHandicapInfo(getHandicapType()).getKingUnitThresholdPercent() / 100) * GC.getDefineINT("REVOLUTION_EUROPE_UNIT_THRESHOLD_INCREASE"));

This may have already be addressed, but I think multipling by 0.01 is safer than dividing by 100; with division unless the other number is a float or double, int division is going to happen which will truncate.
        By multipling by 0.01 instead the result in either case will be a double.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• i'm not sure whether it's about the patch, it keeps crash when it goes to the next certain turn, hmm.

and i copy 1.03 back to PatchMod to replace 1.04, it does not crash again. the 'next' turn is about Montezuma's policy screen, i'm not sure whether it's about video or some sort of it.
          Last edited by goddy; October 4, 2008, 07:44.

Comment

• Please post the save where all I have to do is hit end turn to make it crash so I can debug it.

Thanks

Comment

• If nobody has suggested it yet, to make a shortcut that will automatically load the mod as you open the game, create a shortcut pointing to:

"C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Colonization.exe" mod="PatchMod"

or, if your path to the game is different, simply add
              mod="PatchMod"
              to the end

Comment

• Originally posted by goddy
                i'm not sure whether it's about the patch, it keeps crash when it goes to the next certain turn, hmm.

and i copy 1.03 back to PatchMod to replace 1.04, it does not crash again. the 'next' turn is about Montezuma's policy screen, i'm not sure whether it's about video or some sort of it.
                Originally posted by Dale
                Please post the save where all I have to do is hit end turn to make it crash so I can debug it.

Thanks
                I have similar (maybe the same) issue.

On when the diplo screen pops up (usually on turn transition) the game will crash sometimes (Bluescreen, Restart)

The crashes are reocurring (about once aver 2- 3 hours of playing) but not reproduceable - loading up a Autosave from the turn it crashed, i get the same Diplo, but no Crash. (It crashes again a few hours later at some point...)

These are 100% not connected to the Patch - i get them with this patch, wirh Ellestars REF mod and with the clean game.

The Bluescreen will say something about Bad Memory Paging (not enought time to read it all...) so i guess it's some kind of memory leak - perhaps connected to graphical assets.

Comment

• My thoughts on calculating REFs:

Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                  Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Refar
                    The Bluescreen will say something about Bad Memory Paging (not enought time to read it all...) so i guess it's some kind of memory leak - perhaps connected to graphical assets.
                    I've had this sort of issue with a variety of games - Make sure that you have the most up-to-date drivers for all of your hardware. This can often cause BSODs.

Comment

• Dale -

If UI changes for sorting the trade routes are not feasible, there is still code that could be inserted to give it SOME semblance of order. If you'd like, I can write that up and send it your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Durnil
                        Dale -

If UI changes for sorting the trade routes are not feasible, there is still code that could be inserted to give it SOME semblance of order. If you'd like, I can write that up and send it your way.
                        Actually that would be appreciated. I've got my hands full at the moment fixing map, AI and worldbuilder issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale

Actually that would be appreciated. I've got my hands full at the moment fixing map, AI and worldbuilder issues.
                          Could you shoot me an email so I know where to send the code?

Comment

• Originally posted by Durnil

Could you shoot me an email so I know where to send the code?
                            *at a.bettik@gmail.com

Comment

• thesdale at gmail dot com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale
                                thesdale at gmail dot com
                                I'll send it your way tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X